A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

new portal Voie de Vézelay ('Via Lemovicencis')

2020 Camino Guides

espritduchemin

Camino(s) past & future
Arnhem (Holland) - Santiago (1999)
Via de la Plata (2002)
Oekumenische Pilgerweg (Germany, 2008)
Cammino di Assisi (Italy, 2012)
Saint-Jean-PdP - Iskenderun (direction Jerusalem (2009 - 2012)
At the end of 2019, the five Associations of Saint James along the Vézelay Route ('Via Lemovicensis') have set up a new, common web portal, in English, French, German and Dutch.
On this portal pilgrims will find:
- the complete route from Vézelay to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, including variants,
- the entire infrastructure along this route (accommodation, shops, post offices, cafes, restaurants, etc.).
The corresponding files can be downloaded free of charge. Instructions for installing and using the data on frequently used applications are also available.
This is the link to the portal: https://www.voiedevezelay.eu/en

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
Excellent news as I’ve been pondering this route for some time. First perusal of the website is very positive.

Thank you.

Perhaps a mod can make this a sticky...

Camino(s) past & future
Past? Not enough.
Future? Sure!
OMG!
Roughly 10 years to reach the point of having an equivalent (almost...) of the Guide Jaune of Madame Chassain: a unique place to walk from Vézelay to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
And the map is including facilities, I hope the people behind the site will be able to keep it updated.
I wasn't hoping anymore to see it during my life time.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: Arno, don't hide yourself ;)

espritduchemin

Camino(s) past & future
Arnhem (Holland) - Santiago (1999)
Via de la Plata (2002)
Oekumenische Pilgerweg (Germany, 2008)
Cammino di Assisi (Italy, 2012)
Saint-Jean-PdP - Iskenderun (direction Jerusalem (2009 - 2012)
OMG!
Roughly 10 years to reach the point of having an equivalent (almost...) of the Guide Jaune of Madame Chassain: a unique place to walk from Vézelay to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
And the map is including facilities, I hope the people behind the site will be able to keep it updated.
I wasn't hoping anymore to see it during my life time.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: Arno, don't hide yourself ;)
Hi Jacques, as you challenge me not to hide :) , I would say that the portal has (at least) the same quality as the guide of Madame Chassain. The portal not only contains GPX/KML data about the route and the infrastructure, but also a complete route description (PDF, free download), in English, with maps in color and height profiles, and... up-to-date! :) Salut, Arno

tropicbird

Camino(s) past & future
CF Sept (2014)
Le Puy to Pamplona (2017)
Condom to Santiago Aug (2019)
This is a wonderful resource - thank you for the time and effort! The Tracks and Guides section works really well, and having the distance calculator makes it easy to roughly plan a day's walk ending somewhere with facilities. I'm loving the full screen feature too.

We were looking to do this route last year but walked part of the Le Puy route again instead. Via Lemovicensis is back on the plan for 2021 and this portal has been saved for future planning.

Camino(s) past & future
2012 Lemovicensis + Francés;
2016 Podiensis + CdN + Fisterra;
2018 VdlP + Sanabrés + Muxia/Fisterra
Great site!
A massive improvement since I was there in 2012.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Peter Lockwood The Vézelay Route 9
OLDER threads on this topic
Anyone walking la Voie de Vézelay yet?

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 91 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 362 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock