• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new portal Voie de Vézelay ('Via Lemovicencis')

espritduchemin

Time of past OR future Camino
Arnhem (Holland) - Santiago (1999)
Via de la Plata (2002)
Oekumenische Pilgerweg (Germany, 2008)
Cammino di Assisi (Italy, 2012)
Saint-Jean-PdP - Iskenderun (direction Jerusalem (2009 - 2012)
At the end of 2019, the five Associations of Saint James along the Vézelay Route ('Via Lemovicensis') have set up a new, common web portal, in English, French, German and Dutch.
On this portal pilgrims will find:
- the complete route from Vézelay to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, including variants,
- the entire infrastructure along this route (accommodation, shops, post offices, cafes, restaurants, etc.).
The corresponding files can be downloaded free of charge. Instructions for installing and using the data on frequently used applications are also available.
This is the link to the portal: https://www.voiedevezelay.eu/en

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Excellent news as I’ve been pondering this route for some time. First perusal of the website is very positive.

Thank you.

Perhaps a mod can make this a sticky...

OMG!
Roughly 10 years to reach the point of having an equivalent (almost...) of the Guide Jaune of Madame Chassain: a unique place to walk from Vézelay to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
And the map is including facilities, I hope the people behind the site will be able to keep it updated.
I wasn't hoping anymore to see it during my life time.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: Arno, don't hide yourself ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
OMG!
Roughly 10 years to reach the point of having an equivalent (almost...) of the Guide Jaune of Madame Chassain: a unique place to walk from Vézelay to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.
And the map is including facilities, I hope the people behind the site will be able to keep it updated.
I wasn't hoping anymore to see it during my life time.

Buen Camino,
Jacques-D.

PS: Arno, don't hide yourself ;)
Hi Jacques, as you challenge me not to hide :) , I would say that the portal has (at least) the same quality as the guide of Madame Chassain. The portal not only contains GPX/KML data about the route and the infrastructure, but also a complete route description (PDF, free download), in English, with maps in color and height profiles, and... up-to-date! :) Salut, Arno

This is a wonderful resource - thank you for the time and effort! The Tracks and Guides section works really well, and having the distance calculator makes it easy to roughly plan a day's walk ending somewhere with facilities. I'm loving the full screen feature too.

We were looking to do this route last year but walked part of the Le Puy route again instead. Via Lemovicensis is back on the plan for 2021 and this portal has been saved for future planning.

Great site!
A massive improvement since I was there in 2012.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back