• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New private Albergue 3 or 4 km north of Redondela.

Finisterre

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria 2001,
Porto 2006,
Valenca 2008,
Finisterre 2010,
SJdPP 2012,
Tui 2014.

No plans to return, yet.
We are just back from the Portuguese route and one of the nicest places we found to stay was the De la Jerezana in Cesantes.

The owner spoke good English, as did her German friend who was also working there. The showers were fantastic, akin to those normally found in a decent hotel. Beds (very comfortable) were reasonably spaced out. Meals available. 12€ per person per night.

Way way better than the offerings in Redondela and about 250m off the camino.

At one point the host popped out to pick up some stranded pilgrims in her car, I couldn't say if that was a regular thing but it struck me as being handy.

tel 0034 601 165 977
www.orefuxio.org

I said I would mention their service on here in a positive way and I hope this post helps fellow pilgrims and the owner in her venture.

cheers
Fin.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fin,

Always good to hear of NEW albergues on any of the Caminos.
A key here is the "sustainability" of such an endeavor. I am sure, with endorsements such as yours, pilgrims walking the CP will benefit , in general and owners will prosper, in specific.
Bom Caminho,
Arn

I hope so Arn. We found the Redondela private albergue only had one shower, so kept on walking. Voted with our feet. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We are just back from the Portuguese route and one of the nicest places we found to stay was the De la Jerezana in Cesantes.

The owner spoke good English, as did her German friend who was also working there. The showers were fantastic, akin to those normally found in a decent hotel. Beds (very comfortable) were reasonably spaced out. Meals available. 12€ per person per night.

Way way better than the offerings in Redondela and about 250m off the camino.

At one point the host popped out to pick up some stranded pilgrims in her car, I couldn't say if that was a regular thing but it struck me as being handy.

tel 0034 601 165 977
www.orefuxio.org

I said I would mention their service on here in a positive way and I hope this post helps fellow pilgrims and the owner in her venture.

cheers
Fin.
Thanks for sharing @Finisterre. Anyway we list the address for the next CP

Very good! Both albergues in Redondela are completo by 2 pm today. And no hotels in Redondela.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back