• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New private donativo albergue in Ferrol

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for this post. It makes amazing reading, actually. For what it is worth, and for however long it may last, a light in the darkness. I hope the news spreads, and that it is a success.

It doesn't give any contact details. Does anyone have these? We will be in Ferrol in May.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will check your web site in case you manage to find it.

I tried to look up the address, and can't find it! I would spread the word on my website.
Ok, I think I found it, if I translate the street name from Spanish, "Calle Pardo Bajo, 17" to Gallego: Rua Pardo Baixo, 17. This address is smack in the middle of town and a block off-Camino. Can anyone validate this?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ok, I think I found it, if I translate the street name from Spanish, "Calle Pardo Bajo, 17" to Gallego: Rua Pardo Baixo, 17. This address is smack in the middle of town and a block off-Camino. Can anyone validate this?

Yes, that would be correct.
The building looks very nice. The 4th floor would be the top level and the view from the photos in the article matches what you can see across the street on Google Maps. It is just a few doors down from Zahara.

DB2896AD-B1F1-475D-AACB-14C8578CF251.jpeg
018D98BA-89E2-44E1-AFE2-778888EF68DE.jpeg

Yes, this is quite a story. Though the story says that he is opening the albergue for pilgrims of low or no means, it would seem to me that anyone who stays there and leaves a generous donation would be welcome. The article describes that he pays 250 euros a month rent, and the owner of the building doesn’t charge him utilities. Since his only source of money seems to be what he gets standing outside the BBVA office (though since the article says he is a pre-jubilado, maybe there are funds coming in from elsewhere), it seems like a very worthy endeavor for peregrinos to support, even if we don’t Have financial need.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back