A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

New Rain Kilt Just Arrived, I am PACKED!!!

A new rain kilt was shown here a few weeks ago and I ordered one immediately from China. It is light, (nylon, though I first thought it to be cuben), with a velcro belt allowing for a proper fit. It falls below the knees which is just perfect. Did I say it is very light? It is replacing a pair of rain suit pants that weigh close to 1/2 lb. No wonder I replaced them, yes?

Get a Rain Kilt Here

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
A new rain kilt was shown here a few weeks ago and I ordered one immediately from China. It is light, (nylon, though I first thought it to br cuben), with a velcro belt allowing for a proper fit. It falls below the knees which is just perfect. Did I say it is very light? It is replacing a pair of rain suit pants that weigh close to 1/2 lb. No wonder I replaced them, yes?

Get a Rain Kilt Here
I've enjoyed many of your posts and comments in recent months and can feel your enthusiasm. Hoping you have a very wonderful Camino, Michelle!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
A new rain kilt was shown here a few weeks ago and I ordered one immediately from China. It is light, (nylon, though I first thought it to br cuben), with a velcro belt allowing for a proper fit. It falls below the knees which is just perfect. Did I say it is very light? It is replacing a pair of rain suit pants that weigh close to 1/2 lb. No wonder I replaced them, yes?

Get a Rain Kilt Here
You'll love it... ultra light, compact, great ventilation, can be used as a sit pad....

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015); February/March (2019)
Dave, you are not the only one living vicariously, lol. Here is the first vlog of a fine young Irish lad that started Feb 21/18. See how many hours it takes to watch them all, LMAO!!! :cool:

I watched them all. I’ll be walking around the same time next year, maybe 1-2 weeks later than him, so I soaked these up, every last one of them.

Camino(s) past & future
CF-Finisterra-Muxia 2017; SK Camino Kosiče-Levoča Oct 2017; El Norte March 2018; Ingles (Nov 2018)
A new rain kilt was shown here a few weeks ago and I ordered one immediately from China. It is light, (nylon, though I first thought it to be cuben), with a velcro belt allowing for a proper fit. It falls below the knees which is just perfect. Did I say it is very light? It is replacing a pair of rain suit pants that weigh close to 1/2 lb. No wonder I replaced them, yes?

Get a Rain Kilt Here
A fellow Canadian pilgrim lent me hers for my recent EL NORTE and I used it probably 28 of 38 days out on the camino.....it rained A LOT.....so light, so easy to whip on and off, kept me dry except for one day of malfunction (my fault) and never got hot. Somedays I wore it when the wind was cold on my thighs but not raining. I will definitely get one for myself for next years Camino. Buen Camino

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
16 days for me too! (17 if you count the rest of today which we won’t) :) That rain shirt looks great, can I ask how long it took to arrive though? Thanks! :)
Jacky
There are a number of sources from which you can buy a rain skirt which would take less delivery time, if that is an issue. Where do you live?

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%