• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

new refuge in Oloron Ste Maire

caminobrit

I am currently on the camino Aaragon and I started in Oloron Ste Marie. This is of interest to those that want to start in the french side and I highly recommend it!
I think some refuges, pligrim accomodation has closed down but there is a new one opened up right at the other end of town near the church Notre Dame.
It has only been opened a month and it is top notch with most rooms for 2 or 3 pilgrims. It is of complete modern design. Its pricey at 12 euros but it is well worth it and probably good enough for those that only go in hotel accomodation.

RELAIS DU BASTET

12 place de la Resistance
64400 Oloron Ste Marie.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Caminobrit - that is good news. I sent a message to the Patchwork albergue a few weeks ago and haven't had a response. Guess we can take our chances on staying at the new albergue. Keep us up-to-date as you go along - I'll be following you in about 4 weeks time.

Buen Camino, Caminobrit!

I'm also excited to read your posts because I will be starting the Aragones in 8 weeks. I'm so happy to hear that Oloron has a new refuge. That is where we plan to start, and I'm so glad to hear that it has nice facilities.

I'll be interested to read all about your experiences.

Thanks for posting,
Dominick

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello caminobrit and tks so much for info!! - I tried to mail patchwork several times this week - but mails came back so suppose they are closed. Very good to know this new place! I am leaving Oslo on Tuesday - starting in Oloron on Wednesday.
buen camino! :D norway gerd

It is a wonderful albergue. I dont think the hospitarelo is there all the time, ask at the end bar opposite the doors of the famous church. I think they are relations and will phone for you. Its a big place O.S.M. a lot bigger than I thought - the walk to the albergue is also long.
I have really enjoyed the Aragones, i am surprised how busy it has been. I did the detour to Pena and made Arres the same day from Jaca. The detour is only worth it if you really want 2 go, there are no buses. If I wanted to see it, the best option is to walk to santa cilla de jaca and stay there. There is a path not far from there.
There are lots of river walks, beautiful plants and lots of vultures and eagles. Highlights have been the stay at Arres. I arrived after 8.30 and was treated like a king (there are dutch hospiterelos who are there for 2 weeks and are an amazing couple who will given you there shirt) That night there was no bed I was in the overflow (25people there) in the chapel on lilos, but the numbers can very last sunday the albergue had no pilgrims.
Staying in the priests house (ask at the church) in Accous (france) was a highlight - very kind, very nice meal (lots of veg) and very friendly priest. I know its a big walk from o.s.m but worth it.
Tonight I am in Sanguesa and the albergue is full despite arriving at about 3pm - That pension in the csj guide has also closed down. I am staying in the camping place near by and its worth considering if you get caught like me as there is a variety of accomadation (there are thick mattresses and duvets) and free internet hence this mail but its 18 euros. Hopefully 2moz I see the bathing raptures - i am so looking forward to it. Any questions about anything, please pm me and I will tell you what I know. There are some places when you need to carry lots of water and food as there is a stretch when you pass no village (Arres to Ruesta), I have been drinking river water but had diarahh twice!! So i have learned my leason.

The contact details are:

Gite Relais du Bastet
Contact - Eric tel. no. 00 33 (0) 6 7719 8285
To contact a person at gite reception - from 3 to 6pm. only
Address: 12 Place de la Resistance
64400 Oloron Stn Marie
12.50 eruos per person per night
Email: relaisdubastet@hotmail.fr

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The contact details are:

Gite Relais du Bastet
Contact - Eric tel. no. 00 33 (0) 6 7719 8285
To contact a person at gite reception - from 3 to 6pm. only
Address: 12 Place de la Resistance
64400 Oloron Stn Marie
12.50 eruos per person per night
Email: relaisdubastet@hotmail.fr

@sillydoll
For pilgrims looking for accommodation in a gite in Oloron Ste Marie, if you send an email to the above email address you will receive an automated reply advising you to telephone the town hall at 05 59 39 99 99. As I shall be arriving in Oloron Ste Marie in the evening of Sept. 14, I have decided to retain the reservation which I have made through booking.com. It is a lot more expensive, but I should be able to sleep that night and start my camino refreshed in the morning.

I am currently on the camino Aaragon and I started in Oloron Ste Marie. This is of interest to those that want to start in the french side and I highly recommend it!
I think some refuges, pligrim accomodation has closed down but there is a new one opened up right at the other end of town near the church Notre Dame.
It has only been opened a month and it is top notch with most rooms for 2 or 3 pilgrims. It is of complete modern design. Its pricey at 12 euros but it is well worth it and probably good enough for those that only go in hotel accomodation.

RELAIS DU BASTET

12 place de la Resistance
64400 Oloron Ste Marie.
I'm walking in June and will check it out. What is the closest airport to begin in Oloron?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back