• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Restaurant/Tapas Bar in Caldas de Reis

Time of past OR future Camino
From Braga to Santiago.
I can strongly recommend a good, new place to eat for those who are looking for a great meal. It's a bit more expensive but every pilgrim deserves a treat now and again ! The place is called Casa Real Doña Urraca C/Constitución, 4, Local C, and is owned by Xoán Leiro who is also a presenter on Spanish National TV. The food is based on traditional Galician cuisine but the emphasis is on quality using the finest products : artisan bread, vegetables from a quality local producer, quality meats and cheeses and seafood from the estuary. They have food to suit all tastes including dishes like a salad with scallops,prawns and corn lettuce; grilled baby scallops, a variety of steaks,from the fish market there are for example sea bass and bream and a range of desserts like three chocolates. I had the octopus with potatoes in a sauce made from a Galician smoked cheese called San Simon which gave it a modern twist and was delicious. I could go on but you get the picture !!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If I'm ever in Caldas again, I'll eat there. Is it near the albergue?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
grilled baby scallops?
I think the animal you meant is not a "baby scallop", if scallop is a vieira.
I think the animal is zamburiña that is smaller.
Grilled zamburiñas is one of my favourite Galician dishes

Hi you are quite right, I refer to them as a baby scallop as people then know it is smaller but like the famous vieira,it is another type of mollusc

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back