• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

New restrictions in Galicia and Santiago starting Thursday Oct. 22 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

natefaith

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2009)
León-Ponferrada (2014)
Camino Inglés (2017)
It will be announced tomorrow, but all of Galicia is moving up to Level 2 of restrictions (50% capacity in the hospitality industry, no bar service, and gatherings/ meetings can only be 5 people.)

However, in Santiago de Compostela and Milladoiro, the restrictions will be stricter at Level 3 - meetings of up to 5 people only if they live together and NO interior bar/ cafe service at all. Restaurants can still have seating inside, but only in tables of up to 5 people who live together.

The restrictions start at midnight Thursday morning.

I am looking for news about it in English to share but am having a hard time. The following article is in Spanish:

EDIT: I realized I gave wrong information before about Galicia moving back to Phase 2 and have edited it above to reflect Level 2, not Phase 2 (which was back while we were coming out of lockdown).

Last edited:

nathanael

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Plata,
It will be announced tomorrow, but all of Galicia is moving up to Level 2 of restrictions (50% capacity in the hospitality industry, no bar service, and gatherings/ meetings can only be 5 people.)

However, in Santiago de Compostela and Milladoiro, the restrictions will be stricter at Level 3 - meetings of up to 5 people only if they live together and NO interior restaurant service at all.

I am looking for news about it in English to share but am having a hard time. The following article is in Spanish:

EDIT: I realized I gave wrong information before about Galicia moving back to Phase 2 and have edited it above to reflect Level 2, not Phase 2 (which was back while we were coming out of lockdown).
we can definitely forget the Camino until there is a vaccine, at for me that is. I have done 12 Caminos and possibly my Caminos have come to an end sadly.

malingerer

samarkand
Camino(s) past & future
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)
we can definitely forget the Camino until there is a vaccine, at for me that is. I have done 12 Caminos and possibly my Caminos have come to an end sadly.

Been involved with Camino since 2003. Still cannot accept that for me as I age that the time is ending. I am seeking new routes for my local daily walk but treat myself to the random photos on the forum as my "dream-time". Memories to me are as fires in the night that warm the heart as well as the hands. My Caminos never really leave me and I am grateful for what they gave and still give, to me.

Vaya con Dios

Samarkand.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Been involved with Camino since 2003. Still cannot accept that for me as I age that the time is ending. I am seeking new routes for my local daily walk but treat myself to the random photos on the forum as my "dream-time". Memories to me are as fires in the night that warm the heart as well as the hands. My Caminos never really leave me and I am grateful for what they gave and still give, to me.

Vaya con Dios

Samarkand.
The videos David has listed are also a source of inspiration. I think in the Spring we will have more clarity of when we may be able to travel internationally again.
Hope springs eternal!

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
Memories to me are as fires in the night that warm the heart as well as the hands. My Caminos never really leave me and I am grateful for what they gave and still give, to me.

Agree 100% Samarkand. I'm hoping for one final camino next May - the Baix Maestrat in Castellon, a very short one. But I will be 82 years old!!
I think in the Spring we will have more clarity of when we may be able to travel internationally again.
Hope springs eternal!
Keep those hopes alive - it’s encouraging to know that we never give up !
Samarkand & Stephen / are you near enough to each other to catch up locally for inspiration ?
Stay safe & Buen camino

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
May we all keep on keeping on and be thankful for life, for love and for precious memory.

"...and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Ulysses,

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

El Cascayal

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo May 2019
Invierno November 2019
Ingles April (2020) postponed
Dear fellow Peregrinos, I love all these thoughts. We walk every day and everywhere in our own milieu/habitats. We find creative walks, even if around the block over and over, that link us! We dream awake of Caminos past and hopefully future. I was reminded to be present to my everyday Camino. Mspath thanks for Ulysses. Samarkand, AnnieOz, and all Buen Camino!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
I think what many of us have said is again unfortunately bearing fruit again. The virus will continue to roar back over and over again. Stay home, don't walk, don't involve yourself with risky behavior, exhibit self control, etc, etc. (Kind of reminds me of the AIDS crisis. It took therapeutics and the curtailing of risky behavior before that virus became manageable. Behavior is alot easier to change early on than finding effective therapeutical remedies so please we all need to behave. I want to get back out there as badly as anyone on this forum but........

trevorcc

Camino(s) past & future
SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020

Vaya con Dios

Samarkand.
I feel your pain was looking at walking number 5 this year to see my friends, but cancelled early this year, was planning 2021 but each week this seems less likely and at 72 tome is running out. But my memories keep me smiling. Keep safe pilgri.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
The Xunta is cautious. Still has the situation under control. Only 5% of ICU beds wi
The Xunta is cautious. Still has the situation under control. Only 5% of ICU beds with COVID cases.
This is totally not meant as a knock on your comment. (People always say that before they knock you ;)) Seriously it just shows how quickly things can change in this pandemic. I am sure your figures are correct as of 8 days ago. Now in just one week's time, France, Germany and Spain are all taking drastic measures again to try to stem this pandemic. In the United States we are breaking records almost daily now for the number of new cases. The camino teaches us patience and that all we have is the step we are taking. Unfortunately the world is becoming more and more impatient. Putting ourselves and others at risk. All that is needed is one person, pilgrim or otherwise who enters a town not knowing that they may carry the virus. Impatience leads to what we have today. The Camino will be there. It taught us a new way to live. Maybe the virus is teaching us the same thing. We need to listen.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
This is totally not meant as a knock on your comment. (People always say that before they knock you ;)) Seriously it just shows how quickly things can change in this pandemic. I am sure your figures are correct as of 8 days ago. Now in just one week's time, France, Germany and Spain are all taking drastic measures again to try to stem this pandemic. In the United States we are breaking records almost daily now for the number of new cases. The camino teaches us patience and that all we have is the step we are taking. Unfortunately the world is becoming more and more impatient. Putting ourselves and others at risk. All that is needed is one person, pilgrim or otherwise who enters a town not knowing that they may carry the virus. Impatience leads to what we have today. The Camino will be there. It taught us a new way to live. Maybe the virus is teaching us the same thing. We need to listen.
Agree, actually now is double: 10,2 % of ICU beds with Covid in Galicia, but it is still the lowest in Spain (25,5%) with some regions around 40%.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Agree, actually now is double: 10,2 % of ICU beds with Covid in Galicia, but it is still the lowest in Spain (25,5%) with some regions around 40%.
Lets hope it stays low. Hopefully many of the cases that are appearing in Santiago are overrepresented by the large university population and less of these people need hospitalizations. Unfortunately it doesn't mean that these young people aren't suffering some lasting effects of the virus. Hope everyone who recovers does so quickly and completely. You take care also.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Apr 2017
Camino Del Norte April 2018
Camino Frances - St Jean to Burgos 2019

However, in Santiago de Compostela and Milladoiro, the restrictions will be stricter at Level 3 - meetings of up to 5 people only if they live together and NO interior bar/ cafe service at all. Restaurants can still have seating inside, but only in tables of up to 5 people who live together.

stay safe Ivar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 202 15.2%
  • May