• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

'New route between Villetelle and ?Venargues?

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozárabe-VDLP, hospitalera Grado (Primitivo) 2023
Courtesy of the TGV works, the route has been altered and moved northwards. It increases the distance by 6km. Unfortunately all the gites seem to have is one plan, a poor photocopy, that doesn't make clear the relationship between the two routes. Also the current Miam miam dodo naturally doesn't provide much information that is relevant to the new route. For people starting soon (using the 2014-15 edition), I'd recommend finding an extra map that shows new and old routes, so that you can better use the guide for accommodation. There isn't much in the way of gite accommodation after Villetelle or nearby Aubais.

Also, after you walk from Saint Christol towards Saint-Genies des Mourgues, and nearing the latter, you will pass through a rather scrubby pine plantation. In this area someone has removed a number of the red and white flechas that were painted on the tree trunks. Sometimes it's possible to see a smidgen of red and white paint still on the bark. Here the 'clean' patches on the tree trunks are your guide. This part of the route is not overly signposted, so when in doubt KSO (keep straight on), even if it's counter-intuitive.

Otherwise this is a surprisingly nice new section, with not much on tarmac.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back