Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

New route in Santiago

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola

Some members have emailed me asking for a copy of the guide I've written a guide to a new route in Santiago which traces the entry of the main Camino routes into the city and passes through some of the most scenic, historic and hidden parts of Santiago. The route also ascends high above Santiago to Monte Pedroso where there are magnificent views of the city and a 360 degree panorama of the surrounding countryside.

The route is ideal for arriving pilgrims who want to do a little more walking or for their friends and loved ones who may have travelled to meet them.

Summary:

Walk on five caminos,
go through three parks,
meander up and down two forest trails,
visit important churches and buildings along the way,
and, most of all, enjoy the best view there is of Santiago
high above the city!
The route takes between 3 and 3.5 hours, depending on your pace, or much longer depending on where you stop,
linger or visit.

Xacobeo will publish the guide but you can download a copy on this very website here:

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/the-rout ... ela-guide/

Please consider a donation to the Confraternity of St James.

For a further description of the route and some photographs look here:

http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot. ... alker.html

Happy walking!

John

When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Thanks for another great route - and guide - Johnnie. I think I will definitely walk it in May next year.
I remember when I met you last year you were hurrying off from the Obradoiro square to walk up the hill above the city.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads