• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New signs on the Mozarabe route

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The local action group Torguvi has conducted a project to mark the pilgrimage routes to Santiago de Compostela from two routes. The president of this local action group, Federico Polo, stressed that within this project Torguvi has proceeded to install a new waymarks, along Toledo and Levante roads that pass through several eastern towns included within the scope of this group, such as Morales Toro and Matilla Seca.
In the same way milestone indicators have been placed on the Camino Mozarabe de Santiago that runs through towns in the provinces of El Cubo del Vino, Villanueva del Campeán, San Marcial y Entrala.
Within this project Torguvi has installed several milestones in stone, complemented with a cane, the gourd and the symbols of pilgrim. These milestones which will be responsible for marking the path to Santiago have been made in wrought iron by the master of the zone Julian Gil and following the directions and documentation provided by Alfonso de Castro. This new way signs were recently inaugurated at a ceremony in which the president of Torguvi, the mayors of the municipalities involved, the artist Julian Gil and the Friends of the Camino de Santiago called by Alfonso de Castro.
With the implementation of this project, Torguvi has sought to preserve the cultural heritage and increase awareness of the importance of it, as well as a major contributor to rural development in the region of Toro, La Guareña and Tierra del Vino

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I took this photo near Zamora this year. There was also one outside the new albergue in Zamora.

Attachments

• Near Zamora.jpg
    Near Zamora.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 732

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back