• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New stop/place to stay between Betanzos and Bruma

Skye in Sweden

Time of past OR future Camino
coastal route Portuguese
Hi all
Just finished walking this camino between May 1-6. Great but really rainy most of the 6 days we took to walk. Fortunately we found a great place that had just opened as a hostal and a cafe on the day we passed by. It is called el Mesón-Museo Xente no Camiño and is about a km after Presedo; it's run by friendly owners Alfredo (who speaks some English and his wife, who speaks some French). This will be just when you are probably in need of a coffee as it is about 7 km after Betanzos and there's nothing much at all in the neighborhood.
Not sure how much they charge for rooms if one wanted to break the journey here but food was very reasonable and the place is very pleasant with artwork everywhere. Highly recommended.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Mesón-Museo Xente no Camiño is already marked on Google Maps., just south of the 11km waymark on the DP-0105. According to my maps the Camino Ingles diverts from the DP-0105 to the east of Presedo but comes within 100 metres very near to the Meson-Museo. Google gives the web address as http://www.alfredoerias.com/ Their sello looks very nice. They are in my notes to visit.

Thanks for the post
Kevin

According to my maps the Camino Ingles diverts from the DP-0105 to the east of Presedo but comes within 100 metres very near to the Meson-Museo.

We walked this section yesterday and you can't miss this place - as we turned onto a grassy path a few minutes after we'd passed the sign for the albergue we heard a lot of chatter and saw people going in and out of the gates - I thought at first there must be a village coffee morning going on because it looked like locals were going in! We didn't stop as we'd brought our lunch from Betanzos (and had just had our water bottles refilled by a lovely couple in a house right next to the turn off to the albergue) but a group of English peregrinos that we'd met up with in Bezantos had stopped there for lunch and seemed to be very happy. Seems like a good new spot on that section of the Way.

Now, if someone else would do the same further on - say somewhere around Vizono ...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Agree.

This place is great! The owners are soo00 friendly; food is great! Since they knew that a couple of us in the restaurant are not spanish speaking people, they switched the TV channel to BBC news.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
if you're up for it, they even give you a liquor to perk up your coffee.. ask for it :)

Attachments

• 20150507_142955.jpg
    20150507_142955.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 20150507_143038.jpg
    20150507_143038.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • 20150507_151221.jpg
    20150507_151221.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
This does look good. Have made a note of it as, having recently completed my first Camino, the Ingles will be my preferred choice for the next one.

I stopped and had a delightful lunch there as well. They will take your photo and post it on their Facebook page :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you stopped here and had your photo taken, they have posted the photos in their facebook account. Look for Meson Museo Xento No Camino facebook account.

We had a good menu del día here as well as drinks when we arrived. Very friendly and helpful. At Casa Julia we learnt that the cook is a relation of Casa Julia's owner. :)
They did not take our photograph (thankfully) as we would not have wanted to be posted on Facebook.

This place appeared as if a 'mirage' on our Camino during Holy Week! On this particular day it was so hot (I later suffered from terrible heat exhaustion after foolishly not bringing a hat!) and we were in desperate need of cold fizzy drink! It is not mentioned in JW's guide so it came as a wonderful and much needed surprise! They do a special pilgrims meal but not on holidays (it was Holy Thursday) so we had something else off the menu instead. There is also a vending machine.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back