• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New to Camino

Jeanette & ted

Time of past OR future Camino
New to camino
Hello. At last, after many years envying you Camino walkers we feel the time is right for us to join you. We fly to Bilbao on 2 July and begin from Logroño on the 3rd. We know it’s going to be hot, and at 66 and 71 we feel old enough to kinda know what we’re getting into but also old enough to have creaking joints. However, we’re a bit fed up of some folk warning us to be careful, stay cool, drink plenty etc etc and I don’t want to let them start planting seeds of doubt in our minds. So please, cheer us on if you see us. We’ll be the ones walking at a very leisurely pace. See you all soon.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello. At last, after many years envying you Camino walkers we feel the time is right for us to join you. We fly to Bilbao on 2 July and begin from Logroño on the 3rd. We know it’s going to be hot, and at 66 and 71 we feel old enough to kinda know what we’re getting into but also old enough to have creaking joints. However, we’re a bit fed up of some folk warning us to be careful, stay cool, drink plenty etc etc and I don’t want to let them start planting seeds of doubt in our minds. So please, cheer us on if you see us. We’ll be the ones walking at a very leisurely pace. See you all soon.

Hello to you both!

You are certainly not old!
People more senior than you finish a Camino in a good way.
From my observations I even believe that " older " people tend to listen better to their bodies than younger people.
I certainly saw more younger people suffering from blisters etc than older ones.

Buen Camino and happy preparations!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Don't let anyone else dampen your enthusiasm. As long as you walk "your walk" you will get the most out of what the Camino provides. We are similarly aged but were pleasantly surprised by the number of older walkers we encountered. They have been our source of inspiration and every time I think of those individuals I hope I am as healthy, both mentally and physically when I reach their age.
Buen Camino

Hello to you both!

You are certainly not old!
People more senior than you finish a Camino in a good way.
From my observations I even believe that " older " people tend to listen better to their bodies than younger people.
I certainly saw more younger people suffering from blisters etc than older ones.

Buen Camino and happy preparations!
I will celebrate my 80th birthday next year by walking a shorter Camino- Tricastella to Santiago, with a new pair of knees. Last year, with very carefull planning and training I was able to walk on well worn knees from Pamplona (albeit slowly at times and sending my big pack ahead each day) to Santiago so if I can do it - so can anyone and I wish you a wonderful Camino experience.

A word in your ear!
please do not state that you are old - to anyone, everybody´s met sb older.
somehow that can be flattering too, of course....
You are seasoned, not old !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Those fears and doubts of other people sound so familiar (regardless of the age factor): Be careful, don’t overestimate yourself, are you sure you want to walk alone as a woman?!

One of the great things I found on the Camino that things that tend to separate us in our daily lives (age, disability, cultural background, religion...) did not matter at all! It was how the world should be. I am in my late twenties and hung out/walked with fellow pilgrims of all ages, the youngest being 18 (way too fast for me :D), the oldest couple being well in their 80s. Learned so much from each other!

Your age is perfect:) Buen Camino!

Last edited:
OK, so the two of you have 66 and 71 years of youth behind you (and who knows how much more to come). I'm sure you'll be fine, taking each day and step as it comes. You'll only be using your legs for what they've been designed for, so what can go wrong?

Remember: there's no hurry, Santiago isn't going anywhere!

'We all have souls of different ages"

Enjoy the journey, will change your life positively.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No doubts whatsoever, this will be a journey of discovery, each in your own way and heartfelt satisfaction that you listened to your heart and not to the doubters. I walked solo from StJPdP, timing it to arrive in Santiago for my 8Oth birthday. What began as a celebratory milestone, morphed into a journey of profound gratitude. C Clearly is right on - pilgrims are ageless. Buen Camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back