• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Valladolid albergue

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

New hostel in Valladolid Camino de Santiago
Tordesillas opens path accommodation Levante
23.03.13 - 11:38 -PG | VALLADOLID

In Tuenti

Tordesillas Town Hall opened officially this week the hostel for pilgrims, facilities that have opened over a year, and have hosted MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED WALKERS from all over Europe and the occasion of its official opening have been visited for five open houses hundreds of tordesillanos.

With the launch of this new tourist resort, described by the local mayor, José Antonio González Poncela, as "a five-star lodge," Tordesillas wants to position itself within the Camino de Santiago and Route Levante as "a new tourist option that attracts many walkers and tourists to the town. "

The facility was inaugurated by the Director General of Tourism of the Junta de Castilla y León, Javier Ramirez Utrilla , who stressed the importance of the town in the strategic plans of internationalization of the regional government since "Tordesillas is an icon and an international reference tourist offer that Castile and Leon offers at international fairs proof is the thousands of foreign tourists and Brazilians above each year pass through the town, "he added.

The event was also attended by representatives of the Association of Southeast Camino de Santiago , entity along with the city of Tordesillas voluntarily manage these facilities, with the Local Action Group Area and central Valladolid the Deputy Economy and Tourism, Victor Alonso.
Tordesillas is strategically located in the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route that starts from Levante, and is listed as the final stage in specialized guides.

The project involved the recovery of an old press protected by the Directorate General of Heritage, and acquired by the city in 2007 . The building is located a few meters from the Plaza Mayor, in the Alley of Corpus.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hoping for some help from the Levante experts. I went to add notes about this new albergue in Tordesillas to my Levante guide, and found that I already had a note that said:

Warning: Leaving Medina del Campo, be careful not to get on the Camino de Sureste, which takes you to Tordesillas. Standing with Church of Santiago at your back, cross road and turn L. DO NOT follow arrow on right under the RR tracks, because that goes to Tordesillas and the Camino Sureste.

ON Mundicamino, I see Medina del Campo - Benavente are four days on the Sureste that then joins with the non-Ourense branch of the Vdlp.

My Levante guide takes me Medina del Campo - Siete Iglesias - Toro - Zamora.

So, I am assuming that Tordesillas is in fact NOT on the Levante, and that I should stick to the Toro to Zamora route since I want to go through Ourense anyway.

It seems that the Levante and the Sureste are frequently a stones throw from each other, so if anyone has done any criss-crossing back and forth that turned out to be a good idea, I'd love to know about it. Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is it available to those in transit, do you know? It could be good news for British peregrinos travelling to/from the middle of the Camino Frances, where Valladolid is a good airport to arrive/leave if you're starting or finishing in Burgos/Leon for example. Buen Camino!

Actually, tyrrek, the title of this thread "New Valladolid albergue" is a bit confusing. The albergue is actually in the city of Tordesillas, which is in the province of Valladolid.

The city of Valladolid, to my knowledge, is not on any camino. It is about 12 kms off the Camino de Madrid, though, and two years ago I took a detour from Simancas into Valladolid and had a WONDERFUL rest day there, it's a very nice little city. Stayed in comfortable little hotel near the Santiago church. Though there's no albergue in Valladolid, it is a great choice for a rest day if you're in the area.

peregrina2000 said:
Actually, tyrrek, the title of this thread "New Valladolid albergue" is a bit confusing. The albergue is actually in the city of Tordesillas, which is in the province of Valladolid.
Thanks. That's slightly disappointing but any new albergue is good news. I've spent a few days in Valladolid on my way to and from Reb's litter picking trips. It's a nice city. My last evening there was spent wandering around trying to find a nativity set for my girlfriend. After several failed attempts I went into a bar and asked the barman, who asked his customers and I was sent to a shop run by the sisters from a nearby abbey. They had beautiful nativity sets, so I bought one. I put my head round the door of the bar on the way back to the hotel waving my nativity set and saying thanks. He probably thought I was mad to be so intent on getting a nativity set, but I had no idea what else to get my girlfriend around Christmas! Madre mia!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.