• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New variant for the Salvador —Camino Allerano

peregrina2000

Staff member
Just heard from Ender that he is about to get to work on preparing the route for the Camino Allerano, and then marking it.

Wikipedia has an entry, you can see it intersects with the Salvador in La Robla and Boñar.

After he described the route and his plans for marking it, he ended with "va a ser una maravilla."

Just what we need, more beautiful mountain routes to tempt us. :p

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Will the cathedral in Oviedo also recognize this one? And will it be every bit as tough? I am asking about the difficulty because my beloved is very vertiginous and could not possibly go on his own on those narrow ledges between La Robla and Chanos... (to give an idea: he collapsed and clung to the wall on the very wide sections at Montserrat).
It would be truly grant -- but maybe too much to ask -- for something a little less challenging for those afraid of heights and ledges and falling down the mountains.
He recently walked the Ingles and met some men who had just come from the Salvador... they shared their video from the crest before Poladura, and he told me he almost pooped his pants just watching it.
My question about the certificate in the cathedral is purely one of a collector...

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The wonderful rayyrosa,, from the Camino Madrid,, have this Camino already on their website!
But thanks for bringing this to our attention!

The wonderful rayyrosa,, from the Camino Madrid,, have this Camino already on their website!
But thanks for bringing this to our attention!

This is very much a small group project. Ray and a few others have used some of Ender’s tracks, mainly the part from Boñar, but have trail-blazed in parts. Ender and one of his buddies are going back soon and will revisit what has been done. I’m sure that there will be lots of changes made, because Ender lives in the area and will be going back multiple times to find the best routes. And then scouting out lodging and trying to get the towns on board. And then the tedium of the signage will begin!

I think the ideal would be to wait for a few years, but my horizon for mountain caminos is closing, so I am getting antsy!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ok. Now what do I turf off the end of my list so this one can be added to it? And Laurie, like you I'm running out of years for mountains.

I tried to find this on wikiloc, but not successfully. Can anyone find a track?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
This is very much a small group project. Ray and a few others have used some of Ender’s tracks, mainly the part from Boñar, but have trail-blazed in parts. Ender and one of his buddies are going back soon and will revisit what has been done. I’m sure that there will be lots of changes made, because Ender lives in the area and will be going back multiple times to find the best routes. And then scouting out lodging and trying to get the towns on board. And then the tedium of the signage will begin!

I think the ideal would be to wait for a few years, but my horizon for mountain caminos is closing, so I am getting antsy!

I’ll slow walk it for you.

Just heard from Ender that he is about to get to work on preparing the route for the Camino Allerano, and then marking it.

Wikipedia has an entry, you can see it intersects with the Salvador in La Robla and Boñar.

After he described the route and his plans for marking it, he ended with "va a ser una maravilla."

Just what we need, more beautiful mountain routes to tempt us. :p
I love it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I’m going to try to add a few photos I got today from Ender. He and a buddy (@amancio if you see this, can you tell me who that is, I know I have met him!) are up in the mountains working on the route. These pictures were all taken near Felechosa.

Looks like such wonderful mountain walking!

Attachments

• 8FB92C03-9647-4001-90B2-CE6C67509A5F.jpeg
    8FB92C03-9647-4001-90B2-CE6C67509A5F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 833FE1FA-3E27-466F-A787-9FE6FA8BA2FA.jpeg
    833FE1FA-3E27-466F-A787-9FE6FA8BA2FA.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 4764E33A-84F1-4C41-A74C-5469E5BC765D.jpeg
    4764E33A-84F1-4C41-A74C-5469E5BC765D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 195DCCD7-B465-419E-86ED-97DFEFB12525.jpeg
    195DCCD7-B465-419E-86ED-97DFEFB12525.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
  • B74D2F42-EFB8-4A15-958C-8AD2C62719DE.jpeg
    B74D2F42-EFB8-4A15-958C-8AD2C62719DE.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • A50F7405-5D55-4642-93FF-DDBA35DF696C.jpeg
    A50F7405-5D55-4642-93FF-DDBA35DF696C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • B8386D20-9789-4D42-BD51-A6CD01C90D7E.jpeg
    B8386D20-9789-4D42-BD51-A6CD01C90D7E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
  • E1F667B4-0884-47DD-A565-5ECC6594D951.jpeg
    E1F667B4-0884-47DD-A565-5ECC6594D951.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • ED07BC08-5865-47D2-80BA-7E4BE9A99F34.jpeg
    ED07BC08-5865-47D2-80BA-7E4BE9A99F34.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
I just plotted the localities on a map, and realized that this would be the perfect way to combine the Olvidado with the Primitivo.

Edited to add a quickly made elevation so everyone can visualize the route. It runs left to right.

View attachment 137612
I suspect that this being “the perfect way to combine the Olvidado with the Primitivo” is exactly what Ender is intending. He was persuasively “selling” the Olvidado when I met him on the San Salvador last May! This would make it that much more tempting.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I suspect that this being “the perfect way to combine the Olvidado with the Primitivo” is exactly what Ender is intending. He was persuasively “selling” the Olvidado when I met him on the San Salvador last May! This would make it that much more tempting.
Yes when I met him last year he was selling the Olvidado so this is perfect.
Ummmm. This just went waaay waaaay up on my list. Viejo/Olvidado/SS/Primitivo? Perfect. I'd better get going because the age clock is loudly ticking.
Go for it. My body isn't cooperating very much. My age clock is ticking.

Ender has been out scouting the Allerano He asked me to put up an alert that Ray and Rosa have some sections with tracks that are definitely not advisable. If anyone is going to walk this route soon, I can get you some tracks, but maybe not for the entire route. I am putting it on the top of my 2024 list!

Some pictures to whet your appetite.

Attachments

• D564CFB6-C2C5-4526-B9CC-C81BE2199BA3.jpeg
    D564CFB6-C2C5-4526-B9CC-C81BE2199BA3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • C237500B-0BED-4A80-9FAE-73797861441C.jpeg
    C237500B-0BED-4A80-9FAE-73797861441C.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
  • F6A94087-7B99-4502-BB7A-9E78B78FAA65.jpeg
    F6A94087-7B99-4502-BB7A-9E78B78FAA65.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 0CF0AB3C-10FA-428B-9B4C-1D1369B82EE9.jpeg
    0CF0AB3C-10FA-428B-9B4C-1D1369B82EE9.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 20
  • EB0A3FDF-F79F-49A8-BFEA-23CBA99CD5A4.jpeg
    EB0A3FDF-F79F-49A8-BFEA-23CBA99CD5A4.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • 7E7F9F1A-F62D-4C8C-9EF0-A2DF0912F362.jpeg
    7E7F9F1A-F62D-4C8C-9EF0-A2DF0912F362.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • 7FE55E2B-5825-4FD8-9319-86BFBC32803E.jpeg
    7FE55E2B-5825-4FD8-9319-86BFBC32803E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 5DF4C97E-B4BC-4590-8262-CC2C149E1472.jpeg
    5DF4C97E-B4BC-4590-8262-CC2C149E1472.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
Very interesting indeed! I'm going back for a repeat San Salvador/Primitivo in May 2023, but this time with my wife and maybe the couple that walked the Frances with us. I imagine Ender will just be underway on this variant at that point. So, another excuse to return in 2024+!
Hopefully this September 2023 olvidado Salvador then primitivo. Familiar with alpine tracks. Great

Ender has been out scouting the Allerano He asked me to put up an alert that Ray and Rosa have some sections with tracks that are definitely not advisable. If anyone is going to walk this route soon, I can get you some tracks, but maybe not for the entire route. I am putting it on the top of my 2024 list!

Some pictures to whet your appetite.
How are things looking for it? I would definitely be interesting in exploring this one since I'm doing the Olvidado and changing to the Salvador in Buiza in October...I'd love to be able to go from Boñar to Oviedo.

How are things looking for it? I would definitely be interesting in exploring this one since I'm doing the Olvidado and changing to the Salvador in Buiza in October...I'd love to be able to go from Boñar to Oviedo.

Just heard from Ender that the tracks are finalized for the Allerano, except for the last stage. He has a list on wikiloc where he posts the most recent versions of all pf the trails that he marks. For the Allerano, it’s here.

There is still some brainstorming going on about whether to mark the last stage from Felechosa to either Ujo or Figaredo. Both of these places are on the Salvador and a day or so from there into Oviedo.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just heard from Ender that the tracks are finalized for the Allerano, except for the last stage. He has a list on wikiloc where he posts the most recent versions of all pf the trails that he marks. For the Allerano, it’s here.

There is still some brainstorming going on about whether to mark the last stage from Felechosa to either Ujo or Figaredo. Both of these places are on the Salvador and a day or so from there into Oviedo.
That's great news! I had found the tracks but wasn't sure if they were the most updated ones. Thanks for the links! I'm studying them closely...challenging but in a good way.

I'm really tempted to try this out and be a guinea pig and report back here, of course. Did some hikes in Colorado in May following AllTrails and didn't get lost, so I should be set for Wikiloc, which is supposedly better.

I walked the San Salvador up to Mieres in 2018, then got sick from either a cachopo or drinking bad fountain water and had to take a train to Oviedo, so this would enable me to still walk that last day that I missed.

It looks like there is private accommodation (which works great as it's my preference at the moment) in Puebla de Lillo and Felechosa, and a train in Moreda, Ujo and Figaredo to go to Mieres (and back the next day of course) if there aren't any hotels or pensiones there...

Decisions decisions, and there isn't a bad option.

I took a little peek- the route goes very very very close to Cascada de Nocedo. It was part of the San Froilan Ermita detour I devised on my 2022 Olvidado. The waterfall is definitely worth a visit!

Has anyone figured out accommodation options for the end of Ender’s stages (without train/bus)? That is the toughest part for a new Camino route.

Or haul a tent like I did for the Camino del Mar last year. 😉
E8F2816C-F809-4009-9B99-AF3E53DDAB9B.jpeg

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I took a little peek- the route goes very very very close to Cascada de Nocedo. It was part of the San Froilan Ermita detour I devised on my 2022 Olvidado. The waterfall is definitely worth a visit!

Has anyone figured out accommodation options for the end of Ender’s stages (without train/bus)? That is the toughest part for a new Camino route.

Or haul a tent like I did for the Camino del Mar last year. 😉
I've found pensiones and hoteles on Google Maps for Puebla de Lillo and Felechosa, sort of on the expensive side for some Camino budgets though. There is an albergue juvenil in Bustiello between Moreda and Ujo, and a hotel in Figaredo. I'll post all of the options/prices later as I'm figuring them out.

I haven't looked at the beginning stages since I'm starting in Boñar.

I'm going to have to figure out the Cascada de Nocedo detour now as that looks amazing!

Hop on the road at Montuerto. Follow road to the waterfall trailhead. Visit the narrow gorge and get cooled off by the refreshing spray 😃.

Continue on the road a short bit to reconnect with the Camino in Nocedo de Curueño.

Adds less than a kilometer. :)

Here is a website about it:

37525CB1-CD02-4EFB-875B-A24E5176E314.jpeg

Hop on the road at Montuerto. Follow road to the waterfall trailhead. Visit the narrow gorge and get cooled off by the refreshing spray 😃.

Continue on the road a short bit to reconnect with the Camino in Nocedo de Curueño.

Adds less than a kilometer. :)

Here is a website about it:
Thanks so much for the info!

It'd be a great detour for people starting this Camino in León, but direct from Boñar to Puebla de Lilla, it looks to add a lot more kms.

Although I think it would be possible to go from Boñar to Valdepielago, go to the waterfall, and then go to Noceda de Curueño and the falls and onto Lugueros and follow that track.

Hah, now I have three options to decide from.

1. Follow the Olvidado to Buiza and switch to the San Salvador.

2. Go from Boñar to Puebla de Lillo and then Puebla de Lillo to Felechosa.

3. This new idea to see the falls. Boñar to Valdepielago/Montuerto to Lugueros to Felechosa.

Hmmmmmm :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ok, at the moment this is a go starting next Friday (unless the weather forecast changes, which, being in León and Asturias, is apt to do). Have the tracks on Wikiloc ready! Have reservations at hotels/hostales/pensiones in Puebla de Lillo and Felechosa and somewhere before Mieres.

Starting the Olvidado tomorrow from Aguilar de Campoo after a marvelous time on the Vía de Bayona.

I'm hoping to start from Boñar on Sunday. Still not quite sure whether to go by Puebla de Lillo or Vegarada, as I got this message from the Allerano facebook person when I asked a few months ago:

Por Vegarada hay unas vistas impresionantes. Creo que es más espectacular.
Yo creo que lo decidiría al último momento, en función del otoño y de las previsiones del tiempo que hagan.
De todos modos, por Lillo También es más que bonito.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I was hoping to do the combined San Salvador/Primitivo in July/August. Is it correct that there still are no transport services available for the S.S.?? I was really counting on having...
Hi! I saw that you wrote about the San Salvador awhile back. I’ll be walking that stretch in June and then onto the Primitivo for the second time. My Altra trail runners did fine on the Primitivo...
According to this article, sent to me by a friend in Oviedo, the old train station in Pola de Gordón will be turned into an albergue, at a cost of more than € 500,000. Lodging for pilgrims isn’t...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back