• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New video for the defense ot the Camino de Santiago.

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
Dear friends,

Last weekend has been held in Villaviciosa de Odón (Madrid, Spain) a gathering of pilgrims, organized by the Asociación Galega de Amigos do Camiño de Santiago (AGACS), a meeting whose central theme was the defense of the Camino de Santiago, Our Camino, the Camino of all pilgrims.

One of the most important moments had been while watching the next video which link is available below, and I hope you like it as much as those who were present last Saturday:

http://www.youtube.com/v/zrrIGMgaOiM (10 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/v/U4XwJfjM5_o (10 minutes)

I would like to thank here since his immense work to all those involved, which are many. A dark but necessary work. Many have been getting the photographs can be seen in this video, sending letters to other newspapers to denounce attacks on the Way, other fighting in the courts, not forgetting those who have fought in public by what they saw as fair.

And there are musicians who use their concerts to support and defend the Way. And even journalists. And many more.

And above all, who has produced this video dedicating many, many hours of work, and who has served as host in Villaviciosa for all of us. No matter the names, which are only pilgrims who have been left in the skin and by the Camino.

As no doubt recall, last summer was possible to stop the construction of an industrial Polygon in O Pino, in full Way, near the Santiago airport. Some of the images of the event from the past 07/29/07 appear in the final part of the video.

Buen Camino, :D

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Javier - I felt like crying when I watched the video and saw all those red tags representing places where camino paths and places are under threat.
Please, thank all the people in Spain who are fighting to defend the camino heritage for us pilgrims.
I wish we could come and join you in your protests against developments that destroy pilgrimage sites and paths. If these are not protected, the camino will just become another GR hiking route with no historical significance for pilgrims.
Perhaps we can all send you a flag from our country that a Spanish member can hold on our behalf so that we can show solidarity with your organsiation?
Gracias for making us aware of the tremendous amount of work that goes on behind the scened and for showing us the videos.
abrazo,

Thanks, Sil.

It's important to say that we are not just talking about the Camino Frances, but about all Caminos.

The Refineria on the Camino de la Plata.
Villaescusa de los Palositos on the Ruta de la Lana.

Etc ...

Buen Camino, and protected if possible!!

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back