• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New waymarking on Mozárabe

Bodhimind1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2011) Mozarabe/via de la Plata/Sanabres (2014)
The route as shown on Peter Bobbin's (the walking pilgrim) maps is accurate. Using combination of Peter Bobbin's maps, Allison Raju's guide booklet and the recent yellow arrow markings (thank you!) We have had little difficulty in finding the route from Granada to Cordoba. The re-routing of the Camino going uphill behind Pinos Puente to Olivares is well signposted & avoids a potentially difficult river crossing. The re-routed path from Olivares now goes up the gravel back road to Moclin & while steep is easy to follow. A few tricky spots but if you are attentive it is now easy to NOT get lost in the olives! jn Moclin, the key for La Breza Casa Rural is held at the bar Califato -as is the sello.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Quote. A few tricky spots but if you are attentive it is now easy to NOT get lost in the olives!
Its a great help the new signage, i got lost 2 years ago in the olives after moclin

Peter Robbin`s GPX files for Malaga to Cordoba are accurate too. As for olive groves or anywhere else...gps on a mobile phone is great for any mis steps you make. I use Osmand...its free and takes a while to get used to but I would NEVER walk without it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What about lodging from Granada to Cordoba?
Are there albergues or is it only private lodging?
Approximate cost for a solo pilgrim?
Possibility of camping out?

Annie - if you send me a pm with your email address I will scan and send you the list the amigos office in Granada gave me. When do you start?

There are a few pilgrim albergues. I also stayed in some polideportivos and some private albergues.

People in Moclin told me that La Brisa was closed. They phoned for me the man of the Information Centre at the end of the collage. They offer there very nice accomodation now.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Annie - if you send me a pm with your email address I will scan and send you the list the amigos office in Granada gave me. When do you start?

There are a few pilgrim albergues. I also stayed in some polideportivos and some private albergues.

Hey, LT, would you mind posting it in Resources after you scan it? Or on this post? (Or might there be copyright problems or something?). Never too early to start planning for another camino! Thanks, Laurie

Well, I'm off for Madrid at 3 am in the morning.
Decided to walk from Malaga probably starting on the 17th or 18th.
Haven't yet made up my mind about whether or not to take an iPad mini or if I'll be able to read the maps on Wikilocs on my iPhone.
I'll check in when I can.

Today between Alcaudete and Baena I came at the first point where the signposting was lacking. After the crossing of a brook there were two ways into the olives. The Peter Robins tracks helped me to find back the camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hey, LT, would you mind posting it in Resources after you scan it? Or on this post? (Or might there be copyright problems or something?). Never too early to start planning for another camino! Thanks, Laurie

I have to apologize (also to @Al the optimist who asked me to send to him the info) as I have been through all my Camino documentation and I can't find the darn list. I must have thrown it away during one of my cleaning sessions! So I went through my Credencial and my diary and here is what I came up with. It won't be as complete but this is where I slept as of Granada:

In Granada: Pension Olympia, C/ Álvaro De Bazán, 6, 18009 Granada, Tel.:+34 958 27 82 38 http://www.pensionolympia.es/en/rates-olympia-guesthouse-granada
Very central and easy to find. Basic with a single bed and sink, bathroom in the hall but very clean €18

1) Granada - Pinos Puente (19 km): Pinos Puente Refugio, 8 beds, fridge and microwave tel 639-65-08-85

2) Pinos Puente - Moclín (heard that you can sleep there now - DO!) - Alcalá La Real: Pension Río de Oro, Abad Moya Nbr. 2 Tel 953580337. Single €23, double €40. The Amigos gave me Hotel Zacatín but they wanted €27,50. No albergue in town. Tough day, into Moclín an incline of 600m in about 3 km! After got lost in the olive groves but I read that the marking has improved since I walked September 2014.

3) Alcalá La Real - Alcaudete: stayed in the polideportivo. First called the policía local but they said that it was not possible. I thought this strange as it was on the list of the Amigos so I just walked over to the polideportivo and asked. No problem. Slept on a gymnastic's mat in the women's dressing room. Large town so for sure there are hostales or pensiones.

4) Alcaudete - Baena: Albergue de la Ruta del Califato. In the casco historico way up at the top of the town. One room with 5 bunkbeds for pilgrims. Other guests in separate rooms. No bars around but owner said that he would make me a bocadillo. Breakfast possible.

5) Baena - Castro del Río: municipal albergue. The policía local lets you in. Office on c/ Carnicería. Very nice guys and helpful. I think that they were worried as I was walking alone and said that I could stay an extra day if I wanted to see if someone else would come along. Also gave me their telephone number "por cualquier cosa"!

6) Castro del Río - Córboba: stayed 2 nights at Hostal Alcázar, Fernando Noci Muñoz, c/ San Basilio, 1 14004 Córboba. Simple but very adequate place and central to everything.

7) Córdoba

8) Córdoba - Cerro Muriano. Only 16 km but I wanted to stay with Gert-Jan and Maria Suzanna van Geldere, a lovely Dutch couple who I had met the previous year at a hospitalero reunion. They run a donativo acogida in their own home c/ Carretera 21, 14350, Cerro Muriano email gjvangeldere@gmail.com.

9) Cerro - Muriano - Villaharta: Small, sleepy town but a bar or two and a small grocery store. Key at the ayuntamiento for dressing room of sports area. Gym mats to sleep on.

10) Villaharta - Alcaracejos: only hostales in town. Stayed at the first one I saw Tres Jotas. Room across the street from the bar/restaurant. Private with bath. Good menu del día.

11) Alcaracejos - Hinojosa del Duque: Albergue de Peregrinos situated off the main square and beside the ayuntamiento and policía local (pick up key there).

12) Hinojosa del Duque - Monterrubio: stayed at the Casa Parroquial on a inflatable mattress. Donativo. Call the nun to let you in (sorry couldn't find the number). There is also Hotel Coto de la Serena, Plaza España 7, 06427 Monterrubio. No albergues in town.

13) Monterrubio - Campanario: stop at the policía local who will explain how to get to the Pabellón Municipal or polideportivo which is located on the Camino but on the way out of town. Very nice people. You sleep on a mattress on the floor in a separate room.

14) Campanario - Magacela - Medellín: go to ayuntamiento/policía local and they will take you to the polideportivo (at least they did this is my case)

15) Medellín - San Pedro de Mérida - Mérida. Don't suggest attempting this as about 45 km but I had been alone since Granada and wanted to meet other pilgrims!

Hope that this helps and Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back