• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Beautiful new website for the Portuguese way

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Rainer for sharing! It makes me more anxious to depart in 3 days for Lisbon, I will get to Porto eventually, lol...

Thanks Rainer for sharing! It makes me more anxious to depart in 3 days for Lisbon, I will get to Porto eventually, lol...

Thank you Danielle. Getting to Porto ???? No problem at all. There are cheap rapid trains from Lisboa Apollonia to Porto. It´s only 3 1/2 hours!!! Allright, maybe next year.

Enjoy your way from Lisboa to Santiago. Think about staying in Porto for at least 2 days. It´s worth a visit.

Bom caminho, Rainer

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Rainer! Yep two nights in Porto!

Interesting site - but it's got an itinerary with one day 9 miles, 2 days 11, and one day (Valenca > Pontevedra) 34 miles! That seems insane!! I'm assuming a normal pace is about 3 miles an hour- veterans, is that about right? Has anyone who's not an Olympian done 34 miles - how long did it take you? Obrigada!

Zoula, suggestion: make a good attempt to stay at Casa de Fernanda, between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima. WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL place to be. Jocinta and Fernanda are just such great hosts. Best to you.

Boa Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Interesting site - but it's got an itinerary with one day 9 miles, 2 days 11, and one day (Valenca > Pontevedra) 34 miles! That seems insane!! I'm assuming a normal pace is about 3 miles an hour- veterans, is that about right? Has anyone who's not an Olympian done 34 miles - how long did it take you? Obrigada!

Olá KariC, why Valença > Pontevedra in one day? There are some albergues in between!

Valença > Tui (3.5 km) , Tui > O Porriñ0 ( 16 km) , O Porriño > Veigadaña ( 3 km) , Veigadaña > Mos (2.5 km) , Mos > Redondela (9.5 km) , Redondela > Cesantes (2.5 km) , Cesantes > Arcade (3.7 km) , Arcade > Pontevedra (11.7 km) That´s all. You see, there are 7 albergues between Valença and Pontevedra.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Olá KariC, why Valença > Pontevedra in one day? There are some albergues in between!

Valença > Tui (3.5 km) , Tui > O Porriñ0 ( 16 km) , O Porriño > Veigadaña ( 3 km) , Veigadaña > Mos (2.5 km) , Mos > Redondela (9.5 km) , Redondela > Cesantes (2.5 km) , Cesantes > Arcade (3.7 km) , Arcade > Pontevedra (11.7 km) That´s all. You see, there are 7 albergues between Valença and Pontevedra.

Bom caminho, Rainer
Obrigada, Ranier - that makes it all the more confusing why this site would have a recommended itinerary that has some short days and then this marathon one!! (certainly not my plan!)

Obrigada, Ranier - that makes it all the more confusing why this site would have a recommended itinerary that has some short days and then this marathon one!! (certainly not my plan!)

Olá KariC. you are welcome. I don´t know why they had done this marathon one. I personally did this way seven times and i know all the stages and albergues I mentioned. I stayed in all the albergues once or twice, depending on my mood those days. Well, one year I´ve done more kms a day, the other year less. All albergues were nice - except Mos. But I was told that it´s cleaner now.

You can plan your trip as you like to do it, and you will enjoy it.

Bom caminho, Rainer

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Olá KariC. you are welcome. I don´t know why they had done this marathon one. I personally did this way seven times and i know all the stages and albergues I mentioned. I stayed in all the albergues once or twice, depending on my mood those days. Well, one year I´ve done more kms a day, the other year less. All albergues were nice - except Mos. But I was told that it´s cleaner now.

You can plan your trip as you like to do it, and you will enjoy it.

Bom caminho, Rainer
Hi my friend, could you send me how the places didi you stay in you way. thanks a lot Helio Roda, my facebook Helio Rodak my skype heliorq

Hi my friend, could you send me how the places didi you stay in you way. thanks a lot Helio Roda, my facebook Helio Rodak my skype heliorq
Hi, Rodak -
I stayed in:
Albergue Santa Clara - Vila do Conde
Albergue Amigos de las Montanhas - Barcelinhos
Casa da Fernanda - Corgo
Albergue o Ninho - Rubiaes
Hotel Stella Mares - Combarro (no albuergue in that town)
Albergue municipal - Vilanova
Albergue Salabaza - Faramelho
Albergue Last Stamp - Santiago
Had very good experiences in all of them.

Hi, Rodak -
I stayed in:
Casa da Fernanda - Corgo
Casa Fernanda... Fernanda's and Jacinto's house is called Lugar do Corgo and is in the village of Vitorino de Piães, 18 kms out of Barcelos ,direction Ponte de Lima.
Give Fernanda a call on beforehand to reserve your bed. It can be busy
+351 941 589 521

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Rodak -
I stayed in:
Casa da Fernanda - Corgo

Hi do you know if these albergues are open this winter please?

Cheers G

Hi do you know if these albergues are open this winter please?

Cheers G
Casa Fernanda will be open anyway.
We were there last year Christmas till 8th of January this year and there stayed a handfull of pilgrims even on new years eve.
They all came from one of the three Barcelos albergues and all went on to de Ponte de Lima albergue. So I ssume futther on direction Valença/Tui and the Galicean albergues were open too.

Hi, Rodak -
I stayed in:
Casa da Fernanda - Corgo
missed listing Refuxio de la Jerezana in Cesantes between Rubiaes and Combarro. also great.
Also, agree with Albertinho completely - Casa da Fernanda always requires reservations in advance.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back