• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New xunta albergue at Ordes

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
Ordes is just off the camino about 10km south from Hospital de Bruma, where there is a perfectly good albergue. I suppose it gives people other options for shorter or longer stages. I was nervous when Feijóo, the xunta president, was quoted as saying that over half of all pilgrims arriving in Santiago are now not coming in on the Francés.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was able to locate this albergue, exactly, when I found this blog, Historias de Ordes. Once located per the blog, it still may be a bit confusing as to where it is, but you can click on my Google map of day seven on the Camino Inglés, to see it clearly, just after the albergue in Bruma. It is by the Casa Rural Antón Veiras. I placed it there for all to see!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I was able to locate this albergue, exactly, when I found this blog, Historias de Ordes. Once located per the blog, it still may be a bit confusing as to where it is, but you can click on my Google map of day seven on the Camino Inglés, to see it clearly, just after the albergue in Bruma. It is by the Casa Rural Antón Veiras. I placed it there for all to see!
Now I remember we had discussion over this some time ago when the renovation of a huge house was announced and I posted the photo of this house (walked past it in 2016). I guess it's somehow the same as Albergue de Neda which isn't in Neda but in Xubia although obviously run by municipality of Neda. Same here hence the name Albergue de Ordes but it is much closer to Outeiro. Beautiful location maybe 20 meters to the right from Camino.

Useful information thankyou

Yes, it’s actually right next door to Anton Veiras. I drove by there in March when they were laying down concrete.

Also, plans are in the works for the City of Ordes to make a path for the 2km walk from the Albergue into town. It’s kind of a busy road, so that will be a nice option when complete (don’t know the timeline).

Attachments

• 7DB580F0-F134-4C54-93C3-BFB74D182E0B.jpeg
    7DB580F0-F134-4C54-93C3-BFB74D182E0B.jpeg
    895.7 KB · Views: 6
  • FA07F65C-B144-4BDD-9622-CFD0E26D777E.jpeg
    FA07F65C-B144-4BDD-9622-CFD0E26D777E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I just saw this posted on FB on a Spanish Camino Ingles page.

Attachments

• 249D7B5A-8EC2-4DE9-B2D0-A388E3D0D666.jpeg
    249D7B5A-8EC2-4DE9-B2D0-A388E3D0D666.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Where exactly is it? We walked past Anton vieras but I didn't notice an alberge

Where exactly is it? We walked past Anton vieras but I didn't notice an alberge
It’s a bit hidden sort of uphill from the road, up a narrow tree-lined lane. I took this photo from already partway up the lane, so you can see how it’s not actually right on the road.

Attachments

• D0DFE647-3EB5-45E1-ACEC-7D4E8E44F83A.jpeg
    D0DFE647-3EB5-45E1-ACEC-7D4E8E44F83A.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sitting in CR Anton Veiras as I write , which is lovely.
The Albergue Poulo is right next to it and 10 metres from the Camino path.
It is very , very nice indeed with stunning facilities.
Full restoration of very large old Galician mansion.
6 euro a night according to Maria who sits in the office.
32 km from SDC

This was before the renovation started. Taken in 2016 right from the Camino path.

Attachments

• IMG_6492.JPG
    IMG_6492.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6493.JPG
    IMG_6493.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 2
Do they have any private rooms? If not how many beds per room? We stayed at Dona Maria but would stay somewhere different if we did the ingles again

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do they have any private rooms? If not how many beds per room? We stayed at Dona Maria but would stay somewhere different if we did the ingles again
Xunta de Galicia albergues never have private rooms as I know. This albergue has 42 beds in dormitories but the info on number of dorms is lacking here in this link:

And forget about pots and pans and cutlery in the kitchen ;)

Was full a few nights ago with a school mob
Last night there's were 7 people , 5 availed themselves to dinner at the CR
There is a kitchen KO but not sure of gear.

We also discovered it has only been open 3 weeks.
The CR Is very good , 60 euro the room.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back