• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Year. Day one. Start Counting everyone!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
my arithmetic skills astound me...badly....124 day and counting!:D

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Al...I've been counting the days since they were slightly under 300 :-D As of today our countdown is at 142. However, that is when we leave the US.
When I added on the travel/rest days, I think we are also 146 days from walking. Tuesday, May 26th we will head over the Pyrenees.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
119 til I find myself slinging on my pack and walking out of St. Jean. (Uh oh, here come those nerves...)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
125 days until I touch down in Paris from Vancouver ~ May 9th
Start my walk on May 10th from SJPDP - snoozing at Orrison !

121 days until we step on the plane. Planning to start walking the Norte and Primitivo from Irun on 8 May 2015

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh dear I have been counting but not the days. I counted 23 000 plus steps yesterday as I trekked 19km to toughen up my feet once again. My mind is counting through the many things I must do before I leave the 10 grandchildren behind.
And that falling Australian dollar has me recounting too. But nothing is going to stop me counting "my way" once again.
As I walked yesterday a biker flew past me frightening me out of my wits at how close he came to cleaning me up. Yep I'm counting the days off and looking forward to the freedom and solitude of a world far away yet oh so close to my heart.

63 days from today for me - I'm starting early, better dig my waterproofs out! Will be 4 years since my last Camino and I can hardly wait. Good to be back here on the forum :)

I'd add my day to the calendar Al, but techno novice that I am, I can't figure it out. I can bring up the month, but nothing more.

For those having problems with adding to the calendar this is Ivar's oroginal post:-

Dear all,

I hope all is well, and that christmas is treating you nicely. :)

As we know from last year, the Camino Calendar that we have been using in the forum has not been the easiest to use. Some pilgrims have added their dates, but since it has not been very easy, I have now redone the calendar. Hopefully this one is easier to use.

The new Calendar can bee found in the navigation bar at the top here:
screen-shot-2014-12-30-at-6-05-12-pm-png.15492

Adding your date to this calendar is a two step process:
  1. Make a post (maybe in the Camino Introduction section?) announcing your Camino with as much/little information that you feel comfortable with.
  2. Once the thread has been posted, click the "Threads Tools" drop down, just over (to the right) of your initial posts and select "Calendar Add".
    screen-shot-2014-12-30-at-5-58-22-pm-png.15493
  3. You then enter the start date of your Camino and press "Submit" to add it to the Calendar.
This will create a link in the Calendar (on your date) to the Thread you created about your camino plans.

If people thinks this is an easier way comparted to the old calendar, I will disconitnue the old calendar in a few weeks. If this happens, dates entered in the old calendar will be lost (there are not many).

Please let me know what you think.

Happy holidays and a happy new year!!
Ivar

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
132 from today!
Flying from Dublin 19th May. Start walking from Estella for a week.

€149,-
Just counted - 94 days from today till I step on the plane - gulp!!

489 days for me and my wife, not that I'm counting. :) ... But still enjoying life in the meantime.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ok well, it was supposed to be 240 days as of today...

I found out at work though that I am a part of a new leadership development program. Its a year long program... I asked a question at the end of the orientation... "If one were to need to be out for 3 or so weeks for a religious pilgrimage, what time of year would cause the least interference?"

The answer: April.

New day count: 86 days until climbing the hill at SJPDP... Stoked!

40 days, 23 hours, 33 minutes until I depart, but who's counting?

35 days until I start walking from St Jean - I can't believe how soon that is - am counting the days....

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back