A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Newbie planning to walk from France

Hello All,

I've was delighted to find this forum, its been really helpful in my planning.

Im heading to France on September 1st. I was originally going to do the Le Puy route but I've read that this has become very popular and now im considering doing the Arles Route instead.

What size rucksack would be suitable considering I will be taking a tent along with all the normal stuff. I was thinking about a 50L bag???

Any Advice... thanks in advance

Advertisment

windeatt

Hi Bright Eyes

We are setting off for Le Puy next Wens. I'm just not sure how busy it will be - I heard that May and June are the busiest in France . . . so it could well be easier in September. I will post something here afterwards to let people know just how busy we found it . . .

But the Arles route also sounds lovely . . .

Bonne chemin!

To Bright Eyes.
50l. sounds good (it is what I expect to carry as a small woman) but no need for a tent if walking from Arles unless you prefer to camp out. The route is great! I hope you have the C.S.J. guide! Bonne route et que St. Jacques vous garde!

Marion

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 139 26.4%
  • June