• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Newcastle NSW Camino de Santiago past, present or future?

jaylynn37

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2013
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone lives in Newcastle NSW or close surrounds who is planning on doing the walk or has done the walk? I would love to catch up and have a talk? I am planning my trek for Sept/Oct next year.

Cheers
Jay

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Jay

I sent you a private message a couple of days ago, but you may have missed it. I will be visiting the Hunter Valley next week to see our new grandchild, and will be staying at Cessnock. If you are able to come over I would be happy to have a chat. What hours would suit you best? We are staying in the Youth Hostel in an en suite double, which my wife finds very basic, but is absolute luxury compared to most albergues!

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Hi Alan

Nice to hear from you. I have a lot of questions. My aim with my post was to find out if there were any other people in the Newcastle/Central Coast area who would like to meet as they do in Sydney. At the moment you were the only post. Can we leave it this time as I hope like to see if I can get a group together for on going meetings. My trip is planned for Sept/Oct next year. I will stay in contact with you. Thanks again for replying. Maybe u can be a guest speaker!@ smile.

Cheers
Jay

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Jay

Good luck in getting a local group together for your area. More and more Aussies are going to Spain each year, and hopefully there will be some from around Newcastle in the near future. You know where to find me if you have any urgent questions.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Thanks Alan
c
If no would be troopers in Newcastle/Central Coast come fwd over the next few months, I will contact u way before I leave for my trek. Thanks again for responding. I really appreciate it.

Cheers
jay

Hi jaylynn,
I have just sent you a PM as I live fairly close to Newcastle and would be interested in coming to meetings. David

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Jaylynn

I'm not in the Newcastle area but would be happy to share some of my experiences with you. I have walked various Caminos and yu can find my posts under Handzondeck2.

Good luck in getting a group together.

Happy travels -Ultreya!

Sharon :)

Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can fly!

I bumped into a small group of walkers on my last Camino, if I remember correctly they belonged to a walking club from NewCastle?

Hi jaylynn
I'm in newcastle & currently training to walk the VdlP early next year.
Val

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Jay,

I just joined the forum tonight. I am planning on walking the Camino in 2014. I live in the Newcastle area and would definitely love a group to form where we can compare plans and learn from others. I really only made my mind up two weeks ago to do the trip, so I am in the very early stages of planning.
Best wishes,
Karen.

G'day All,

My name is Joe and I live in Seaham.

Planning to do the Camino in 2015 for my 50th.

Would love to meet up with others in the Newcastle Region who have done it or wanna do it.

Hooroo for now.

Jay / Joe / Jaylynn

Did you get any further with any meet ups for Newcastle / Hunter people interested in the Camino de Santiago? Given the post dates you three have probably already walked. I am planning and would be interested in a group closer to home than Sydney (I am in Maitland)

Andrew

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Andrew - My husband and I walked the Camino in 2014. We are from HOLMESVILLE and hope to do another walk in 2018 - 40th wedding anniversary.

Christine

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.