A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Newly Organized Resources Section

Hi, forum members,

If you are a low tech member like me, you may have been constantly bewildered by the Resources section. It always seemed to me to be a random, visually jarring list of unconnected things like albergues for sale, safe houses in Viana, kilts on the camino, etc. Well, Ivar has reorganized the section and if you go to it now, you will see a list of categories to choose from. From there, you will be taken to the relevant resources for your designated category. I have been scrolling through it and find it much more user friendly. Ivar told the mods that it is now organized so that his mom could use it, which for me is a wonderful recommendation!

So, check out the Resources section, and don't overlook it when you are looking for information. And please, feel free to post your resources. That is where all advertisements of things for sale go now, so if you're looking for taxis, group walks, books, etc., they won't be advertised in the forum but in the Resources section,

Buen camino, Laurie

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
Thanks to peregrina200 for the big job of organization.

If you haven't tried the Resources Forum lately..you may want to have a look. There is a lot of information and free stuff there.

Laurie has done a lot of work to organize it in a way that makes it pretty simple to find your way around.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016). Seville-Astorga (Mar 2017). Mozarabe (Apr-May 2018)
That is a big improvement - it actually got me browsing through the information and I was surprised how much is there!

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
That looks great. Many thanks!

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Hats off to those of you who have put in the hours to tidy that up.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Looks great and easier to navigate! Thank you both for all your effort.

jirit

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
Hats off to Laurie and Ivar for organizing the Resource Section! Job well done!

If you have not taken the opportunity to visit the Resource Section, please do. You will discover numerous resources on various popular topics and routes, and probably answers to some of the questions you have.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Laurie and Ivar, thank you both so much for this wonderful Christmas gift to all of us!
That's no small amount of work--it must have taken a while to turn the hodgepodge that it was into an accessible library of information.

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF Austria Czech Le Puy Geneva RLS V. Jacobi V. Regia V. Baltica/Scandinavica Porto Muxia
T
Hi, forum members,

If you are a low tech member like me, you may have been constantly bewildered by the Resources section. It always seemed to me to be a random, visually jarring list of unconnected things like albergues for sale, safe houses in Viana, kilts on the camino, etc. Well, Ivar has reorganized the section and if you go to it now, you will see a list of categories to choose from. From there, you will be taken to the relevant resources for your designated category. I have been scrolling through it and find it much more user friendly. Ivar told the mods that it is now organized so that his mom could use it, which for me is a wonderful recommendation!

So, check out the Resources section, and don't overlook it when you are looking for information. And please, feel free to post your resources. That is where all advertisements of things for sale go now, so if you're looking for taxis, group walks, books, etc., they won't be advertised in the forum but in the Resources section,

Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you very much Laurie and Ivar. Can't wait to get stuck in

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Looks really good, thank you!

nalod

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Again the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes is incredible. Laurie, Ivar and all, well done.
Regards Dermot

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 115 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%