Search 69,459 Camino Questions

News about the Camiño de Inverno

Ribeirasacra

Time of past OR future Camino
the highway
This article is about the work Aida Menéndez and the association has been doing in the past year to try an promote this Camino. In this article she gives some interesting fact; like about how much little money they have, plus how they have tried to promote the route. Interestingly it seems the paperwork to get this route fully recognised is seemly stuck somewhere, gathering dust. (I know I am using loose translations for the English speakers! :wink: ).

http://elprogreso.galiciae.com/nova/221 ... ncial-ruta

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks for this reference, ribeirasacra. I just do not understand the reluctance of the powers that be to "recognize" this Camino. The disputes I've seen in print all have to do with whether the route is "authentic" but I can't believe that is the real reason for the Xunta's snail pace.

I walked this route in 2011, in connection with the Camino de Madrid, and though I met no pilgrims, I spent many enjoyable hours with local folks and enjoyed the stunning scenery. The several Camino de Invierno groups have done an outstanding job of marking this route, so you won't get lost. A good command of Spanish is probably more essential here than on any other camino I've walked, because there is little foreign tourism and there are not likely to be many other pilgrims. Albergues are starting to pop up, but private accommodation is usually available in the 20 euro range.

Buen camino, Laurie

peregrina2000 said:
Thanks for this reference, ribeirasacra. I just do not understand the reluctance of the powers that be to "recognize" this Camino. The disputes I've seen in print all have to do with whether the route is "authentic" but I can't believe that is the real reason for the Xunta's snail pace.
AFAIA they have already 'recognized' it. I would guess they aren't developing it because they've no money :) It and the Portugues costa route were supposed to be developed as part of the 2010 holy year, but they never got around to it. Both national and regional governments are likely to be short of cash for many years to come, so I wouldn't hold my breath :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Peter,
I had thought that was the case as well, but this article says that the papers have been filed since 2009 to receive the designation of "Bien de Interes Cultural." The article notes that in the last Holy Year, the Invierno was included on the maps as a Camino alternative, but that the official designation still eludes them.

And I know money's tight but in the article falon just posted on the camino in Dumbria, it appears that the Xunta found 200,000 euros to build an information kiosk in Hospital on the Camino de Finisterre.

Once again, the Xunta seems to be unwilling to extend "official status" to the Camino de Invierno. According to this article, they are opening an official proceeding that will culminate in the official designations of the exact routes of Caminos in Galicia. Only the Norte, Portugues, Vdlp, and Finisterre routes are included. The Primitivo and the Frances have already received their official designation. The Ingles is still in the early stages. No mention is made of the Invierno.

I just don't get it. Why such opposition to such a beautiful route? Buen camino, Laurie

http://correodelcamino.blogspot.com.es/ ... _8028.html

I don´t think it is opposition. I think it is simple bureaucratic sloth.

It may be a good thing. If the confraternities and interested hikers can keep the path waymarked, and the news just stays among the hardcore, then the Invierno will not be overrun by bus parties and litter-spewing youth groups anytime soon. One hopes.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Rebekah Scott said:
I don´t think it is opposition. I think it is simple bureaucratic sloth.

It may be a good thing. If the confraternities and interested hikers can keep the path waymarked, and the news just stays among the hardcore, then the Invierno will not be overrun by bus parties and litter-spewing youth groups anytime soon. One hopes.

Sorry but there is no Like button on this forum.
th_facebook-like-button.jpg
So here is a linked one. :D

Most read last week in this forum

We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back