• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

News article on the Camino da Geira e dos Arrieiros

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We set out in the begining of April, it was just going to be me, but I told my Camino group from Xmas I was going and the numbers who wanted to come seemed to grow and grow, definitely 7 of us with possibly another 3, and one joining us just before Ribadavia. It's feels like it will be crazy. Definitely several new nationalities on the route, with the bulk of the Camigos being Spanish

There's actually more than one route as from Lobios in Galicia pilgrims can head towards Celanova then on to Ourense and the Ruta de la Plata or take the Camino via Ribadavia (in the heart of the beautiful, wine producing area of D.O.Ribeiro). The later Camino is known as :

Camino Miñoto Ribeiro

Here's a link to their Facebook page which has route plotted on Wikiloc https://www.facebook.com/caminosantiagoribiero/

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There's actually more than one route as from Lobios in Galicia pilgrims can head towards Celanova then on to Ourense and the Ruta de la Plata or take the Camino via Ribadavia (in the heart of the beautiful, wine producing area of D.O.Ribeiro). The later Camino is known as :

Camino Miñoto Ribeiro

Here's a link to their Facebook page which has route plotted on Wikiloc https://www.facebook.com/caminosantiagoribiero/

Yikes, does anyone worry that this will wind up being many caminos, none of which is well marked or well maintained? That's at least four in this general area, no?

Yikes, does anyone worry that this will wind up being many caminos, none of which is well marked or well maintained? That's at least four in this general area, no?

Yes Laurie maintenance is always the issue as this normally falls on the local Councils. I think the Camino via Ribadavia will be officially marked (some parts already have the yellow arrows). There is a route from Lobios via Celanova to Ourense which is part of a local trail so this will have different signage. Then from Ourense you can pick up Silver Way. Maybe if the new Camino is successful then they can mark the route to Celanova too. I believe that the more Caminos there are the better if they can be historically justified.

There's actually more than one route as from Lobios in Galicia pilgrims can head towards Celanova then on to Ourense and the Ruta de la Plata
When I was looking at the maps for the Via Mariana, this route seemed to run parallel in some places before heading of to Lobios. This is one potential route which really interests me.

Camino Miñoto Ribeiro
This route varies slightly from the Camino Geira( I think) and there may be some issues between the interested parties, but on this Camino I am going to stick to the Geira.
@MyDestinationGalicia I have seen some of your reviews for places in Ribadavia, they alerted me to the Hotel Caracas which I wiil hopefully make it my stop. Taberna Papuxa looks a very interesting place as well.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
When I was looking at the maps for the Via Mariana, this route seemed to run parallel in some places before heading of to Lobios. This is one potential route which really interests me.

Camino Miñoto Ribeiro
This route varies slightly from the Camino Geira( I think) and there may be some issues between the interested parties, but on this Camino I am going to stick to the Geira.
@MyDestinationGalicia I have seen some of your reviews for places in Ribadavia, they alerted me to the Hotel Caracas which I wiil hopefully make it my stop. Taberna Papuxa looks a very interesting place as well.

Ahh you're on the boil then. You may have noticed I'm real active on Google Maps. Yes ask for Manolo at Caracas & Santiago at A Papuxa tell them you know me & you're helping to promote the Camino.. you'll probably end up with a free drink of your choice!!

Yes Laurie maintenance is always the issue as this normally falls on the local Councils. I think the Camino via Ribadavia will be officially marked (some parts already have the yellow arrows). There is a route from Lobios via Celanova to Ourense which is part of a local trail so this will have different signage. Then from Ourense you can pick up Silver Way. Maybe if the new Camino is successful then they can mark the route to Celanova too. I believe that the more Caminos there are the better if they can be historically justified.
Oh, what a great part of the country. I spent some time in Celanova once, it is a very pretty little town and the monastery is very worth a visit, especially its Mozarabic chapel. I went to a visigothic church about 15 km away (Santa Comba de Bande) and stopped at Roman fortress ruins right on the river on the way back. Do you know if the baths nearby are the ones Alex and others have described from their Camino da Geira y Arrieros? There is so much to see in that part of Spain!!!!

Ahh you're on the boil then. You may have noticed I'm real active on Google Maps. Yes ask for Manolo at Caracas & Santiago at A Papuxa tell them you know me & you're helping to promote the Camino.. you'll probably end up with a free drink of your choice!!
We will probably arrive in Ribadavia on Wednesday 8thApril( external events permitting), so if you happen to be in the bar ask for Mike, Jordi, Alvaro, Leandro, Edu, Sonia, Mariano, Jose, Gulzat or Evelyn😆 and you may end up with drinks of your choice😉.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We will probably arrive in Ribadavia on Wednesday 8thApril( external events permitting), so if you happen to be in the bar ask for Mike, Jordi, Alvaro, Leandro, Edu, Sonia, Mariano, Jose, Gulzat or Evelyn😆 and you may end up with drinks of your choice😉.

That's kind of you. I'm also on Camino from 5th April starting in Baiona...you'll love Ribadavia!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
They have started way marking again at the moment, and there seems to be various activity which is being probably coordinated but the best answer to your question may to contact the Camino Geira website direct via their Facebook pages, they may still answer use Wikiloc or GPS but that could change in the next 2 or 3 months.

Han comenzado a marcar de nuevo en este momento, y parece que hay varias actividades que probablemente se estén coordinando, pero la mejor respuesta a su pregunta puede comunicarse con el sitio web de Camino Geira directamente a través de sus páginas de Facebook, aún pueden responder usando Wikiloc o GPS. pero eso podría cambiar en los próximos 2 o 3 meses.

Ahora estamos marcando el Camino de Santiago da Geira e dos Arrieiros . En 5 semanas estarán listos los últimos 110 km y varios tramos más, pero no tendremos tiempo para todo de momento.

Esta es la página oficial [URL unfurl = "true"] https://debragaasantiago.com [/ URL] /.
Y el Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CaminhoGeiraArrieiros
Buen Camino !!!

Carlos da Barreira
Ahora estamos marcando el Camino de Santiago da Geira e dos Arrieiros . En 5 semanas estarán listos los últimos 110 km y varios tramos más, pero no tendremos tiempo para todo de momento.

Esta es la página oficial [URL unfurl = "true"] https://debragaasantiago.com [/ URL] /.
Y el Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CaminhoGeiraArrieiros
Buen Camino !!!

Carlos da Barreira
Pte. asociación Codeseda Viva
METRO Muchas gracias, es la información que necesito. Quiero empezar el Camino en Braga a finales de Junio y por mi edad, me preocupa un poco la situación del mismo. Espero no encontrar problemas.
Luis Guerricagoitia
Luis Guerricagoitia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back