• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

News from the camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Mundicamino reports that a new Association of the Friends on the Road to Santiago was formed in Japan last month. Under the chairmanship of Tomoko Morioka the opening ceremony of the Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago in Japan was held at the Spanish Embassy in Tokyo. The objectives of the association are to bring together Japanese pilgrims to share their experiences and assist all those who want to make the Way. They also wish to participate as hospitaleros and become integrated into the different activities within and without the Way.

The Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Castilla y Leon has published regulations pertaining to the organization and characteristics of shelters, both public and private. It also established three categories for these establishments, 'Tourist', 'Tourist Superior' and 'The Roads to Santiago’.
Shelters must have a minimum of 1.5 square meters per room accommodation. The toilets must have a minimum of a toilet, a sink and a shower with closure, for every ten places. In addition, at least 50% of the toilets will be for the exclusive use of customers housed in shelters.
The shelters, unless offering catering, must have a kitchen for use by customers where they can prepare their meals. The kitchen is equipped with a number of stoves and sinks with hot and cold running water according to the capacity of accommodation and equipped with microwaves and kitchen crockery.

A Plumbing industry has plans to develop an estate outside Logrono, immediately upstream of the home of the legendary Aunt Felisa.
The Camino de Santiago pilgrim has to suffer constant assaults throughout his walk, due to the establishment of industrial estates. Surely, there are more suitable sites to develop industrial parks?
We must remember that the Camino de Santiago was declared a World Heritage Site, and that if we, who are part of civilized humanity, do not protect the way, very little we can bequeath to our children of this intangible cultural asset that is the Way of St. James.
We must therefore draw the attention of all of the rulers, politicians, businessmen and all people in the street, to get our voices of protest to all agencies, including the ICOM, which is the agency for the defense and protection of Cultural Heritage of Unesco.
Protecting the Camino de Santiago implies that it must be preserved and not touching the Camino de Santiago, nor its buffer zone thirty metres on either side of the road. Failure to comply with such protection would lead to Unesco withdrawing the qualification of World Cultural Heritage Way to Santiago, and that would be a national shame and demonstrate that in view of the world that we do not know how to care and protect our heritage cultural, scenic and ecological which is the Way of St. James.

The Order of the Camino de Santiago, composed at present of about 700 knights and ladies committed to disseminating this route, said the football coach Luis Aragones and the actor Michael Douglas had promised to walk the Jacobean route.
The Great Master of this order of knights, Miguel Pampín, today took an act in the Galician capital to encourage Luis Aragones to fulfill his promise to walk the Way of St. James if Spain won Euro 2008.
He added that a representative of the order will contact the coach and that the intention is that knights and representatives of the entity as part of the trail accompanying the Camino de Santiago.
Moreover, Orden del Camino de Santiago also recalled that the actor Michael Douglas, who was sworn in as gentleman a few years ago, has not yet traveled the route Jacobean, as this is a requirement to join as a member of this body responsible for the dissemination and promoting this route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sil... can you link me to the Castilla y Leon source for your information on the pilgrim accommodation rules? I gotta keep it legal.

reb

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am currently working as a Hospitalaro in a newly reopened Donativo Albergue in Vergen del Camino, just a short distance from Leon. It was closed for 5 years due to, initially the pandemic. It is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.