• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

News from the St James Yahoo Group

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
The news from Santiago is that the Xunta has decided that pilgrims may stay in the Xunta-sponsored albergues for more than one night during the "slow" pilgrimage season: beginning of September 'til the end of Lent the following year. A decision has also been made to charge 3 Euros per pilgrim per night. Those pilgrims with disabling conditions (severe blisters, ankle injuries, etc.) may stay, within reason, as long as their injuries impede their continuing on their pilgrimage.

From January 1, 2006, to October 13, 2006, 93,490 (ninety three thousand four hundred and ninety) pilgrims had reached Santiago meriting the award of a Compostela. This is the largest number of Compostela-earning pilgrims for a non-Xacobean Holy Year ever recorded, and, as of today, pilgrims kept arriving and arriving.

The refurbishing of albergues for Winter Pilgrims skirting the peaks of O Cebreiro has been completed; pilgrims stopping there may also stay more than one night.

There is an impressive increase in the French Camino pilgrims who start out from Somport and take the Aragonese Route to Puente La Reina. Apparently, the word about the wonders in such route (lovely Jaca, San Juan de la Penha, Leyre, the Pyrenees sea, etc., etc.,), has gotten out, as well as the friendliness of the locals and the non-congested conditions of the lovely, friendly albergues.

Iimpressive efforts have been made by the Andalucian Friends of the Camino Associations from Malaga, Granada, Cordoba and Seville to create albergues, and improve signs and facilities, throughout the Via de la plata.

The Hotel "As Artes" half a block from Obradoiro on the extension "travesia" from Azabacherias, reports that they already receiving reservations for the next Holy year which will be on 2010. This is somewhat understandable since after 2010 there will not be another Holy year for eleven years, that is, until 2021, and, undoubtedly, many of us will not be able to make it then. Also, the Xunta seems to be going all the way out already making the preparations for 2010; perhaps the enthusiasm is an antidote for the horrors of the fires and the floods.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back