A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Next Camino blanket is underway

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I don’t love coming home from a Camino but I do enjoy lingering with my memories as I create a blanket that captures the journey. Mostly it’s about the colours but the ripples suit the hilly nature of the San SAlvador and Primitivo - and the first four days of the Madrid. I might have to do a separate one of just Browns in straight lines for the rest of the Madrid! 57D2677A-F087-4C56-A2BF-B1CB0EC52DF5.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Via Francigena (Zwolle, Netherlands to Rome) 2013
Camino Vienna to Santiago de Compostela 2018
The colors are perfect! I think you and I share the same hobby, but I never thought of doing camino-inspired projects. Very cool!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Lovely, Kiwi fam! I'd read that some people think the madrid is arid and rather colorless. I hope this isn't totally true as I still have it on my 'radar'. What month did you walk and do you still recommend it?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I walked 21 September - 6 October (in the unseasonal heat wave still above 30 deg C) and it was brown. I had seen spring photos which were very pretty, and I’m not fond of brown so my expectations were low. But it turns out brown can be beautiful. It’s not a route I would be rushing to repeat (because there are so many I have not yet done), but I am very grateful to have walked it. The towns/villages are very special. I think every single one had a beautiful church or building of some interest.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 117 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.3%