• In case you had not seen it, there is a new link in the top menu to the most popular contents on the forum from the last 90 days, 1 year and all the way from the beginning in 2004.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Next Camino blanket is underway

2020 Camino Guides

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I don’t love coming home from a Camino but I do enjoy lingering with my memories as I create a blanket that captures the journey. Mostly it’s about the colours but the ripples suit the hilly nature of the San SAlvador and Primitivo - and the first four days of the Madrid. I might have to do a separate one of just Browns in straight lines for the rest of the Madrid! 57D2677A-F087-4C56-A2BF-B1CB0EC52DF5.jpeg

FamPed

Pilgrim
Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
It is beautiful, what a cool idea. ☺

celinehenriette

Camino(s) past & future
Zwolle - Rome 2013
Jacobsweg Austria 2018
Camino Frances 2018
Camino Portugues 2018
Finisterre 2018
The colors are perfect! I think you and I share the same hobby, but I never thought of doing camino-inspired projects. Very cool!

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Lovely, Kiwi fam! I'd read that some people think the madrid is arid and rather colorless. I hope this isn't totally true as I still have it on my 'radar'. What month did you walk and do you still recommend it?

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
I walked 21 September - 6 October (in the unseasonal heat wave still above 30 deg C) and it was brown. I had seen spring photos which were very pretty, and I’m not fond of brown so my expectations were low. But it turns out brown can be beautiful. It’s not a route I would be rushing to repeat (because there are so many I have not yet done), but I am very grateful to have walked it. The towns/villages are very special. I think every single one had a beautiful church or building of some interest.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%