• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Next Camino

Anne DR

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017 (2018)
I'm back in the states and I'm already thinking about returning to walk all the sections we skipped on our first pilgrimage. I'm the one who had the extreme reaction to the bed bug bites. I ended up at the emergency room in Dublin between flights because my throat started closing up. The two miracles were (1) I didn't die and (2) I actually made my original flight home--even though I felt like I was living out a crazy scene in a movie racing to and through the airport. If/when I return I'm going to take extreme precautions to prevent this from happening again. The Camino was one of the biggest adventures ever. Thank you to everyone on this forum who answered my questions and gave me encouragement.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm back in the states and I'm already thinking about returning to walk all the sections we skipped on our first pilgrimage. I'm the one who had the extreme reaction to the bed bug bites. I ended up at the emergency room in Dublin between flights because my throat started closing up. The two miracles were (1) I didn't die and (2) I actually made my original flight home--even though I felt like I was living out a crazy scene in a movie racing to and through the airport. If/when I return I'm going to take extreme precautions to prevent this from happening again. The Camino was one of the biggest adventures ever. Thank you to everyone on this forum who answered my questions and gave me encouragement.

Oh, no!! Congrats on surviving those horrible creatures!

:eek: Pleased that you are home safe and well. Your reason is similar to why I walked the CF a second time. Really enjoyed it. It was worth it! ;););)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back