• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nice little article in yesterday's Irish Times newspaper

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. Haha, I too don't agree with the recommendation for just a pair of socks. But good to read altogether.

1/2 off in purgatory? Heck, I've done two Caminos. That means no pushups in purgatory for this old Marine due to past indiscretions. Woo-hoo!
So now that I have a clean slate, does that mean I can be a bad boy again, do two more Caminos and be fresh as the new fallen snow again?
I'm digging this Camino deal....
:D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
1/2 off in purgatory? Heck, I've done two Caminos. That means no pushups in purgatory for this old Marine due to past indiscretions. Woo-hoo!
So now that I have a clean slate, does that mean I can be a bad boy again, do two more Caminos and be fresh as the new fallen snow again?
I'm digging this Camino deal....
:D

Americans don't go to purgatory,there's no KFC/McDonalds :p

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I really liked the picture.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey - love it - especially point 7. Also agree with Doug about the one pair of socks. Cheers & Tks

Even if it is tongue in cheek, content like this is just misleading and also false information:

"9. Reduce your stay in purgatory by half ... You need it also to collect your compostelana certificate from Santiago cathedral office at the end. For this, you need to have walked or cycled a minimum of 100km. It reduces your time in purgatory by 50 per cent, so it is rather important."

• The certificate of arrival (for pious/religious reasons) is called Compostela.
  • You need to have walked / rode on an animal at least the last 100km or cycled at least the last 200 km.
  • Plenary indulgence is only granted, but then fully, in Holy Years.
Sigh, another journalist that didn't do his/her research with the proper care ...

Buen Camino, SY

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back