• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nice things to do in Santiago ( apart from the obvious)!

fortview

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)
We had a lovely three days in Santiago . It's a great city! Here are a few things we did, that if you have time, are enjoyable.
Roof top tour of the cathedral. There is an English spoken tour, worth finding out the time of . Costs 10 euro and is worth it. Great views and fascinating to find out more about the history of this amazing building.
Visit the Pilgrim Museum. It's free.
Have a meal at Casa Felisa, Porta da Pena no 5 . It has a beautiful, tree filled , shady garden at the back, really pretty and restful. Good food, and not expensive.
We met annakappa and fraluchi who were working as amigos in the Pilgrim Office, and it was lovely to see them.
Last but not least, go and say hi to Ivar! Hi Ivar, it was great to see you, in your office in Santiago !:)
Buen camino,
Helen and John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
hello helen and john,

i am glad that you are enjoying santiago.

god bless.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Stroll the aisles of the food market down by the university. Imagine the fun you could have with access to a stove and some pans. Buy a few bits to overload your pack while you make the final steps to the airport.

When you get home you can still eat Caldo Galego, Lentillas, Fabada, Buey Asado...

Buy a few bits to overload your pack
Lentejas, pimiento, esparragos, oruxo, hierbas, alubias, oliva, tetilla, tarta, and morcilla. Right up to the top of the pack!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back