• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

night train from Santiago in October????????

Dawn of a new Day

Hi Ivar, i was looking at my options for the end of my pilgrimage. Santiago - Madrid for Oct.29 or 30th. There doesn't seem to be a night train running. can you check. i was on the renfe site, but only the 13:57 train was scheduled. thanks
dawn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Dawn,

It does not look like there is a night train that day. There is a night bus though (an also there are other buses during the day):

SANTIAGO COMPOSTELA - MADRID EST.SUR, 29/10/2008
SANTIAGO C MADR-E.SUR 21:30 06:30 41,44€
http://www.alsa.es

...but the night train is more comfortable (I have taken both), and 9 hours is quite slow for the bus. Do you not want to take the plane? Price wise they can be equally cheap... and they take one hour.. but then you need one more night of hotel.

But it is an alternative if you are looking to save one night in a hotel.

Saludos,
Ivar

Thanks Ivar, i have checked Spainair the cheapest flight is 115E, Iberia is 148E. Perhaps the price goes down closer to the date.???? Transport will depend on how many days it takes me to walk the via de la plata. I have been to Santiago , twice before, a great place to hang around, better yet, the best place to get a hair cut, which is on my to do list before i go home!!!!!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dawn of a new Day said:
i have checked Spainair the cheapest flight is 115E, Iberia is 148E. Perhaps the price goes down closer to the date.????
Hmm... no, not really. I guess since Vueling stopped flying Santiago - Madrid things have gotten more expensive... :-(

Buen camino,
Ivar

Santiago Haircut?

Dawn of a New Day said she gets her hair cut at the end of her hikes at a great place in Santiago.

Please share the information! A good haircut is hard to find, and what better time to get yourself back to pretty again, after a long trek?

Rebekah

Hi Rebekah, i would recommend this place. Not in the TOURISTY area. I think i paid 13Cdn. or about 8E for the full MEAL DEAL, wash, blowdry and style. i think for a cut was about $6. I am sure prices have gone up, but here in Victoria, a minimum of $40. I was smart if i do say so, as i kept their business card, I went to
Salon De Peluqueria
cabina de Belleza.
C/Horreo, 51 bajo
tel.981 58 43 27

The other address on the card is Area Central
Local L22-D Planta Baja
tel 981-57 11 01

Ivar is it the first or second address that is near the main road at the bottom of rua vilar.

Anyway I saw Carmen if she is still there. Of course they speak no english, so if you don't have spanish, get something written before you go.
daWN

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Dawn, think the reason the RENFE website is not listing the TrenHotel on 29 or 30 October is due to them not selling tickets online more than 60 days in advance. The train is showing up on the DB Bahn international website for those days so, if you can, check RENFE again in a few days time. If nothing shows up then, try getting tickets through a company such as RailEurope.

Trudy

Dawn of a new Day said:
Salon De Peluqueria
cabina de Belleza.
C/Horreo, 51 bajo
tel.981 58 43 27
Calle Horreo (C/Horreo) is the street that goes down from old town towards the train station. My guess this would be about a 5 minute walk from old town.

The other address at Area Central is about a 20-30 minute walk from old town in the Area Central mall. Calle Horreo is much easier to find.

Saludos,
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back