• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nine days to walk 11 -- suggestions on what to skip

deidrecombs

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to hearing about Annie's trip -- thank you for all your posts!!

We have been planning to start in Irun on the 2nd of May, but must meet my son in Burgos on the 10th. When I add it up, I've got about 11 days of walking to do in just nine days. Advice would be appreciated on what I should skip so I get to the church (albeit that cathedral in Burgos) on time. :)

Thanks,
Deidre

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
deidrecombs said:
We have been planning to start in Irun on the 2nd of May, but must meet my son in Burgos on the 10th. When I add it up, I've got about 11 days of walking to do in just nine days. Advice would be appreciated on what I should skip so I get to the church (albeit that cathedral in Burgos) on time. :) Deidre
Hi Deidre, Are you going to walk the Camino del Interior or the Camino Frances?

I don't know about the Camino del Interior but, for the CF, I would start from Puente la Reina rather than trying to skip sections here and there.

To start off you would catch a train from Irun to San Sebastian then a bus from there to Puente la Reina (I don't know if there is a bus from Irun to Puente la Reina).

julie said:
deidrecombs said:
We have been planning to start in Irun on the 2nd of May, but must meet my son in Burgos on the 10th. When I add it up, I've got about 11 days of walking to do in just nine days. Advice would be appreciated on what I should skip so I get to the church (albeit that cathedral in Burgos) on time. :) Deidre
Hi Deidre, Are you going to walk the Camino del Interior or the Camino Frances?

I don't know about the Camino del Interior but, for the CF, I would start from Puente la Reina rather than trying to skip sections here and there.

To start off you would catch a train from Irun to San Sebastian then a bus from there to Puente la Reina (I don't know if there is a bus from Irun to Puente la Reina).

There are direct LA ESTELLESA buses from the RENFE station in IRUN to PUENTE LA REINA.

Irun estac. RENFE
(Logroño-San Sebastián-Irún (Autovía)) 09:00 Puente la R. 11:00 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 11.75 €

Irun estac. RENFE
(Logroño-San Sebastián-Irún (Autovía)) 15:45 Puente la R. 17:45 LMXJVSD LA ESTELLESA 11.75 €

For more information see
http://www.autobusesdenavarra.com/s...&chk_X=on&chk_J=on&chk_V=on&chk_S=on&chk_D=on

Hope this helps.

Margaret

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Deidre,

Some years ago I took the Santo Domingo option, so I cannot comment on the last few days to Burgos.

I found stages 2 to 4 (as specified in the Mundicamino site) to be a bit boring as its quite a built up area. I suggest you consider cutting out part of them. As it is so built up you should have no problem getting a bus or train to help you save time.

Safe trip

Dave

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back