• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No Camino for me now🥲🥲

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sadly 3 days before I was to leave, I fell and broke three bones in my left hand and required emergency surgery.
So, everyone walking, pls walk for me.
Jan Herbst
So sorry to hear! 😢
I can totally relate and must say: "Welcome to this year's club of not-walkers!" Almost same thing happened to me last month. I went to the emergency room just before my flight and hence missed it! Not fingers, but the cause does not really matter, as something planned for a long time in the end could not happen.
I know how you feel. But do you have a chance to do it next year instead? Then you could put your energy now in the new planning to compensate the frustration a bit. This is what I am doing now ...

My heart goes out to you.

I'm in a similar spot where a planned Camino next Spring will need to be postponed. I'm trying (and I hope you can too) to use my future Camino as motivation to get through the healing, work the rehab, etc. and get back to long walking shape.

All the best to you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow! A bummer!
I’m really sorry to hear about this. Something you anticipate and prepare for such a long time suddenly goes south. As others have said, the Camino will be there waiting for you. How sweet that Camino will be!

Last edited:
Wow! A bummer!
I’m really sorry to hear about this. Something you anticipate and prepare for such a long time suddenly goes south. As others have said, the Camino will be there waiting for you. His sweet that Camino will be!
Thank you.. sooo hard

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Walking from Pamplona on the 11th, will walk with you in spirit.👣🥾👣🥾🙋‍♀️
So sorry about your injury, hope you heal well and can resume your plans.
Cheers from Australia 🇦🇺 Soon to be Pamplona, Buen Camino
Wishing you a wonderful journey!!!! And thank you💕

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sadly 3 days before I was to leave, I fell and broke three bones in my left hand and required emergency surgery.
Jan Herbst
I do wish you a speedy and successful recovery and think of how disappointed you must feel. Maybe it will be a better experience when you finally do it. Everything for a reason and God works in ways that we more often than not do not understand. Easy for me to say when you have the pain of your hand. It was best for this to happen before you left home rather than on The Way. But a BIG Bien Camino when you finally hit that track.

I do wish you a speedy and successful recovery and think of how disappointed you must feel. Maybe it will be a better experience when you finally do it. Everything for a reason and God works in ways that we more often than not do not understand. Easy for me to say when you have the pain of your hand. It was best for this to happen before you left home rather than on The Way. But a BIG Bien Camino when you finally hit that track.
Thank you for your thoughts and support!

Jan Herbst
Wishing you a full recovery. Whilst very disappointing for you and painful (literally) the Camino will be waiting for you. Hugs🤗

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jan Herbst
I am sorry to hear Jan. Best wishes in your recovery. Hoping for a Camino in your future. Take care.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ouch! So sorry this happened. Know that the Camino will be waiting for you when you have healed.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good health through your waiting period.
Buen Camino.

I was scheduled to be approaching Leon about now, but my wife’s back went out and no way I would leave her alone. Hopefully one of the recommended procedures will work for her and I can reschedule for late March.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I was scheduled to be approaching Leon about now, but my wife’s back went out and no way I would leave her alone. Hopefully one of the recommended procedures will work for her and I can reschedule for late March.
Hope she recovers soon and you can re-load and get on the road to Santiago. Bonne chance and buen camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Hi, First Camino ….and in fact first time on a forum chat! I am going to do a (leisurely!) trail from Porto to Santiago mixing Litoral/Coastal, Central and Spiritual over three weeks ( including 2...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hi! I'm planning my first Camino in June-July 2025. I'm a married father of 3 looking forward to my first solo hiking trip in 25 years. (Maybe when the kids are older, we'll do the Camino as a...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back