• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No data no contract Sim card

darronb

Hi all. Am trying to get a sim card for my Nokia 3310. We start the camino ingles in June. I only want it for texts and phone calls no data or contract required or wanted as completely severing all Internet ties whilst away. Any ideas would be most appreciated

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can get a SIM chip, but I don't think they separate talk and data anymore. It probably is under 15 Euro; using it for voice only will preserve the 2G of data that probably comes with it. Try Vodafone or Orange.

Buy a Lebara or Lycamobil, they are very cheap sometimes free with your first charge, as little as 5 euros, get them from a locutorio, (you know..the place usualy full of emmigrants with telephone cabins and internet computer) these places have a good selection of cards, Oh! and these cards have data as well, enough to send email and pictures,,I use them a lot in Spain, Italy Portugal.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Which company sells SIM cards in english, or will the phone be able to convert ionto English ??

Which company sells SIM cards in english, or will the phone be able to convert ionto English ??
There is very limited support in English for Spanish SIM chips. Even the Vodafone and Orange stores in major cities may not have an English speaking employee. All the printed material I have received has been in Spanish. I think I have always had voice mail, but I never have been able to set it up. Vodafone sends text messages, mostly sales, but they are in Spanish. I had Spanish speakers translate the messages for me, but they always were of no consequence. The one useful action is sending a phone message to *123# for account balance. A text message is returned, and you have to go through about three text replies with instructions in Spanish only to finally get the account balance.

SIM chips are not language specific, however your device can be set up for English. Your data through the SIM will deliver internet service in the same way you have always interacted with the internet, and just as you will interact with WiFi (wee-fee).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
-o one would be needing help to start up the new Spanish SIM card !??

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.