• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD No entry to Spain from Norway with 3 doses? Explained

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

ranthr

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
My grandchild just told me that Spain would not let me in with 3 doses.
I just got my dose 3 of Cormirnaty/ Pfizer and felt more secure than ever.
Do anybody know if this is correct? I have tried some of the links in the forum to find out.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Do anybody know if this is correct? I have tried some of the links in the forum to find out.
Did your grandchild say why this would be so? What is their source?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That makes zero sense - they allow travelers in with two doses of Pfizer, so why would a third matter? Trust the government website, not your grandchild. Perhaps he is just trying to get back at you about all those Santa and Tooth Fairy lies….😎

Well, I had three Pfizer shots by Sept. and had no problems getting in? For the QR code, I was only asked for the dates of two shots. When we arrived they were only interested in the QR code…which had no-place to report the Booster-shot….so I only recorded the first two shots. However,I-brought the record of my booster shot with me. I

It would be good to know the source of this "information" to be able to understand how it can be misinterpreted.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Well, I had three Pfizer shots by Sept. and had no problems getting in? For the QR code, I was only asked for the dates of two shots. When we arrived they were only interested in the QR code…which had no-place to report the Booster-shot….so I only recorded the first two shots. However,I-brought the record of my booster shot with me. I
Correct.

This article (Norwegian: use Google translate) describes the problem as well as the fix:

Also, before you get a third shot, take a print of your Covid certificate and use that upon your entry to Spain.

This is a bug in the Spanish system, only recognising 2 vaccines, as I have understood it. A third one will give the result "ERROR - 3 out of 2 doses".

Fill out the Spanish entry form manually with your 2 first doses and you are in. Changes may come in the Spanish system, I hope.

Last edited:
Correct.

This article (Norwegian: use Google translate) describes the problem as well as the fix:

Also, before you get a third shot, take a print of your Covid certificate and use that upon your entry to Spain.

This is a bug in the Spanish system, only recognising 2 vaccienes, as I have understood it. A third one will give the result "ERROR - 3 out of 2 doses".

Fill out the Spanish entry form manually with your 2 first doses and you are in. Changes may come in the Spanish system, I hope.
Takk, alexwalker! Barnebarnet mitt skal på en studentsamling i Paris neste uke og hadde tydeligvis fått med seg den informasjonen du viser til. Håper det endrer seg før mai. Er du på caminoen nu?

Thanks, alexwalker! My grandson is going to a student rally in Paris next week and had obviously gotten the information you are referring to. Hope it changes before May. Are you on the camino now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Takk, alexwalker! Barnebarnet mitt skal på en studentsamling i Paris neste uke og hadde tydeligvis fått med seg den informasjonen du viser til. Håper det endrer seg før mai. Er du på caminoen nu?
Thank you, Randi. No I am stuck in Norway, hopefully going to Spain March/April for another Camino fix on the CF (My favorite).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks, alexwalker for the information! Hope this problem has been solved in May!

Thanks, alexwalker for the information! Hope this problem has been solved in May!
It sounds like their system just hasn't caught up yet with the reality of 2rd (edit - 3rd doses) doses. I'm sure that it will be fine in 6 months - or perhaps there will be a new requirement by then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It sounds like their system just hasn't caught up yet with the reality of 2rd doses. I'm sure that it will be fine in 6 months - or perhaps there will be a new requirement by then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3rd doses. They handle 2 doses well. Fill out manually your first 2 doses, until problem fixed, which I would expect soon.

This problem does not apply to travellers from the USA because they fill in the online SpTH form manually. You are merely asked to enter the date when you received "the full vaccination regimen".

The problem can arise for those of us who possess and upload an EU Digital Covid Certificate or an EU equivalent certificate. Because when you upload your certificate the system does an automatic check (a kind of scan). There is apparently a known technical problem with Norwegian certificates when there has been a third jab. Perhaps similar technical issues exist with other EU DCCs issued by other EU countries or countries with EU recognised equivalency (there are not many). There are workarounds, and this technical problem in the Spanish online app SpTH will no doubt be fixed soon. A short-lived problem.

As already suggested if you find yourself in this situation, simply click on No UE Certificate [bad translation, should be No EU Certificate] instead of clicking on EU Digital Covid Certificate or EU equivalent... and fill in your vaccination dates manually instead of uploading your EU DCC.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am here now! From US: QR form asks for last date of complete vaccination. It doesn’t discriminate whether 2nd or third. Have your CDC card ready, mine paper clipped to passport. No worries. Fastest customs ever in Madrid. Glad your granddaughter is trying to look out for you.

I am here now! From US: QR form asks for last date of complete vaccination. It doesn’t discriminate whether 2nd or third. Have your CDC card ready, mine paper clipped to passport. No worries. Fastest customs ever in Madrid. Glad your granddaughter is trying to look out for you.
As explained in the thread above, the question related to a very specific quirk in the Norwegian system. Let's not extend this discussion to other situations.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I had three shots - two and a booster - and had no problem flying into Madrid from JFK in New York, then hopping up to Pamplona. This was in September. Don't know if this is helpful, but that's my experience.

Posts #13 and #15 above address the question, which applies only to a particular situation - for Norwegians. The thread will be closed to reduce confusion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back