• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No explanation needed

easygoing

Camino Sharon
Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked the Camino Francis 7 times, twice in 2017 and 2018. (2019)
I have arrived at perfect Camino bliss.
This means I am the same outgoing happy healthy person at home that I am on the Camino. How do I know this? Last Saturday I went to a party where I knew only the hostess and instead of sitting on the sidelines feeling awkward I confidently joined in knowing I would be welcome.
5 years ago on my first Camino Francis I was so introverted I couldn't talk in a group without extreme fear. Yet on that Camino I began my journey of becoming who I was meant to be and 8 Caminos later I found I still had to explain why I kept coming back and walking the same way.
We returned to the USA July 2 2019 and leave August 22, 19 to celebrate my birthday in Pamplona.
So today I announce I am walking the Camino Francis a 9th time in 5 years and no explanation is necessary.

How many times have some of you walked the Camino Francis?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
This means I am the same outgoing happy healthy person at home that I am on the Camino. How do I know this? Last Saturday I went to a party where I knew only the hostess and instead of sitting on the sidelines feeling awkward I confidently joined in knowing I would be welcome.
5 years ago on my first Camino Francis I was so introverted I couldn't talk in a group without extreme fear. Yet on that Camino I began my journey of becoming who I was meant to be and 8 Caminos later I found I still had to explain why I kept coming back and walking the same way.
We returned to the USA July 2 2019 and leave August 22, 19 to celebrate my birthday in Pamplona.
So today I announce I am walking the Camino Francis a 9th time in 5 years and no explanation is necessary.

OK, I must admit jealousy ... 9 times! Probably not a good emotion on the Feast of St. James. Seriously, I am so happy when people get to do a camino! It was a real blessing for my husband and for me.

That's really great for you. I have heard similar stories (from the folks that didn't walk so many Caminos though) couple of times and I always felt kind of blessed that I was part of it when people told me that. It was so soothing in todays injustice and race for money that is happening all around us.

Indeed no explanation is necessary for your 9th Camino :D

Buen Camino of course!

PS (BTW - you didn't walk Camino FrancIs but Camino FrancEs :) )

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
That's really great for you. I have heard similar stories (from the folks that didn't walk so many Caminos though) couple of times and I always felt kind of blessed that I was part of it when people told me that. It was so soothing in todays injustice and race for money that is happening all around us.

Indeed no explanation is necessary for your 9th Camino :D

Buen Camino of course!

PS (BTW - you didn't walk Camino FrancIs but Camino FrancEs :) )
Darn auto correct lol

Even better – you walked the Camino Francés. After a while the Alt codes become second nature, Alt+130 gives you é, Alt+164 gives ñ, etc. These are for a PC with a numeric keypad.

Congratulations ...and happy early birthday.
I started my first Camino CF Sept2018, unexpectedly alone as my cousin had to cancel out ..just 3weeks before. While I am generally more shy than most I am quite comfortable travelling alone..but I have never 'hiked' nor walked across a country alone! So my first week ( incl. first 2 days without seeing a single pilgrim on the lovely Valcarlos route) was largely finding my pace, my routine, and reporting back electronically to my cousin (she was my 'wing-woman' doing a virtual camino with me, helping me, guiding me, reading ahead in guidebook with me & for me, weather updates daily)etc. I felt good I was managing the demands and the distances..but I was often alone (but not lonely) in the evenings, but felt like I had it figured it out and would be ok afterall given the unexpected last minute change. While I greeted and spoke easily and happily with many pilgrims thru the day, and often in different languages, in Arcos I was invited to join another group at their table in a town plaza .... Heather my Camino Angel noticed that I was sitting alone. My camino changed from then on as I bumped into them and others daily .. now joining them for drinks meals and met and walked with them and many others thereafter. that was my Camino lesson ... that I needn't wait to be invited ... those who are happy to invite me .. are equally happy to accept an invitation from me. So overcoming my timidity ...is what I took away from my Camino, amongst many other gifts. I still need reminders often......but that changed the whole experience ..well said, well done 'EasyGoing'.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back