• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD No Jousting This Year

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Not a surprize.

BTW -- I've never met a peregrino who'd actually seen one of these annual carnivals.

Not a surprize.

BTW -- I've never met a peregrino who'd actually seen one of these annual carnivals.
My daughter saw it in 2008.

There wasn't anything when we passed - but I have a wonderful picture somewhere of my husband and son jousting - from the first time we passed by in 2004...

My husband and I saw it in 2016. It was one of the most colorful and enjoyable events I have ever seen.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Not a surprize.

We were in Hospital de Orbigo last year when they were setting up, but didn't stay long enough to see any jousting. In the bridge picture you can see where they were setting up ( to the left of the bridge as you walked into town). The other picture shows the town's decorations as they prepared.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1586384411071.jpg
    FB_IMG_1586384411071.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20190527_123005259.jpg
    IMG_20190527_123005259.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25

Not a surprize.

Back in May 2017 (or early June) we past through Hospital de Orbigo and they had all the "jousting" stages on the south side of the bridge all set up. I think we were about a week early - so (say) first weekend in June. I might even be able to find a photo of the stages (taken on 27 May 2017)349.JPG.

Not a surprize.

I was there (unintentionally) the year I walked the Madrid - Francés-Invierno. I saw some of those guys galloping towards each other with daggers pointed at each other, but my main memory is of all the people dressed in medieval garb consuming huge quantities of alcohol. We managed to find a meal in a restaurant but most of the patrons were looking a bit unsteady on their feet. Kind of reminded me of the Arde Lucus festival, which I (also unintentionally) walked into in Lugo. The dress was different (people were dressed either as barbarians or Romans) but the drinking part was the same. I am sure there are other, much more positive aspects of both of these festivals, but I am just not a fan of huge crowd gatherings. I bet covid will change the face of a lot of these gatherings.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife and I turned up one morning in 2019 at HdeO not aware of the event and were confronted with a town of people dressing up in mediaeval costumes. We were really chuffed that luck had landed us there on the day. However, we couldn't find accomodation and our Spanish couldn't cope with conversations. Feeling exasperated and wondering what's next, two people approached us, the lady speaking in an American accent. She was a local, having met a Spanish guy whilst walking the Camino and decided to stay in Spain. She had recognised our looks of desperation and offered to speak to some local hotels about accomodation for us. She got a place for us, walked us by their home, pointed the way and her husband got a little carved wooden shell for us from their home as a gift. The jousting, colour, huge pennants, costumes, blasts of long trumpets and the market stalls all brought an otherworld feeling. Its worth seeing and worth booking ahead too.

Like peregrina2000, I never intentionally end up at one of these fiestas, as I hate crowded parties like this. However I accidentally landed in Hospital de Orbigo one year during this festival. I'd walked a long way and wasn't a great sport about it. However it was interesting to see camels in Spain.

That's one of my favorite towns on the Frances and while I never had the good luck to stay there during the festival, I have spent the night there twice. I rather enjoy things like that festival. Never been an old stick in the mud about having fun at those especially when I can consume without worry about finding a lift home.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back