• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No messages from my girlfriend

MCurtiz

Hi everyone. My gilfriend is currently on the Camino de Santiago. I have not heard from her in over a week and she has normally been emailing me once every 2 to 3 days. I fear something might have happened. She is a Korean woman, her name is Hyunmi Kim, or Irene, as she likes to be called, and is 28 years of age. She is the love of my life. She is supposed to reach Santiago on Thursday (29 October) and is doing the Camino Frances. Please, if anyone has any knowledge that she is safe, or if someone can reassure me that there is little to no internet access towards the end of the trail, I will much appreciate it. Thanks.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there,

I personally think she is fine... she probably got into a daily rhythm that does not include internet and that is why you have not heard from here.

I walk in the streets of Santiago every day... if you would like to send me a photo of here... and if I see here i will let her know that you are worried about her... of course, the chances that we meet on a street here are a bit slim, but if you wold like to try? My e-mail is: ivar dot rekve at gmail.com

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Hi Ivar

Thanks for the response. It's just the last time we spoke she said she would email me during the week and that was 9 days ago. Is it possible that she has simply not had a chance to access the internet?

Regards,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
MCurtiz said:
Hi Ivar

Thanks for the response. It's just the last time we spoke she said she would email me during the week and that was 9 days ago. Is it possible that she has simply not had a chance to access the internet?

Regards,

May be that's the reason.

There's several places with internet but you have to pay for using it ... if it are free.

In the spanish news there's nothing about some problems for some pilgrim walking to Santiago.

I'll send an email to the spanish phorums, so may be someone can meet her.

Buen Camino, and don't worry about her, I'm also sure she is fine.

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Thanks so much.

You don't have to do that. She should arrive in Santiago by Thursday. If after that I hear nothing, then I will try to make contact with her.

I hope she is fine. As you can understand, I am just a worried boyfriend. I know this is her journey and I respect the reasons why she is on it.

Kind regards,

Raoul

MCurtiz said:
Thanks so much.

You don't have to do that. She should arrive in Santiago by Thursday. If after that I hear nothing, then I will try to make contact with her.

I hope she is fine. As you can understand, I am just a worried boyfriend. I know this is her journey and I respect the reasons why she is on it.

Kind regards,

Raoul

Well, I sent my email before your answer. But don't worry about.

I'm sure she is OK

Javier.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
MCurtiz said:
Any word yet from the phorums? As I still have not heard from her.

Nothing but ... Is it possible that she doesn't want to be found? Sometimes when you are in the Camino is to be at your own, enjoying your time with yourself.

May be she wants to continue to Fisterra.

Kind Regards,
Javier.

[/quote]
Nothing but ... Is it possible that she doesn't want to be found? Sometimes when you are in the Camino is to be at your own, enjoying your time with yourself.

May be she wants to continue to Fisterra.
[/quote]

She is supposed to arrive at Santiago today. I assume it is easy to get internet access in Santiago?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
JohnnieWalker said:
Yes - internet access is readily available in Santiago.
Lol I never found it,.... the only place I found was closed!!!!! Maybe I was more focussed on seeing all the people around that I might have met walking...
Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
JohnnieWalker said:
How strange - there is one internet cafe about 30 yards from the pilgrims' office and another on the first floor just round the corner from Cafe Souso.
I think it is one of those things... if you don't look for it you will not find it... there are strict rules as for how you can advertise your business in Santiago.. and these places are rather small, so if you are not looking you can walk past it...

A great day in Santiago today by the way... 22c and sun... t-shirt weather...

I think Hyunmi will walk into town today... have a coffee and think... "I should send an e-mail back home to say I am ok"... I am sure she is fine...

Un saludo,
Ivar

If anyone knows of a pilgrim named Hyunmi Kim, who was supposed to arrive in Santiago today, please inform her to contact me to let me know that she is alright. She is a short, beautiful Korean girl. She also goes by the name of Irene. She's 28 years of age. She would have been doing the Camino Frances.

Regards,

Raoul

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey EVERYONE!

I received an email from her today and she is alright!!! She just arrived in Santiago. I'm so proud of her and glad to know that she is okay.

Thank you for everyone's reassurance.

Un saludo a todos.

Raoul

MCurtiz said:
Hey EVERYONE!

I received an email from her today and she is alright!!! She just arrived in Santiago. I'm so proud of her and glad to know that she is okay.

Un saludo a todos.

Raoul
Great! I knew it! :)

MCurtiz said:
Hey EVERYONE!

Un saludo a todos.

Raoul

Raoul, I'm happy your girlfriend is OK. I often check the forum, if it has something new about your girlfriend. You know - my familly complained too, because i didn't write my blog any more on my last week on Camino. it's just to crowded. And i just enjoyed my last days. I guess it was the same with your girlfriend.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back