• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD No response from a French Health authorities

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buz Radican

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May / Jun 2015
Camino Frances Oct / Nov 2016
Camino Frances May-Jun 2018
CF 2020?
For some reason the thread regarding the French Health certificate was closed. Why? There are still issues the moderator(s) apparently do not understand. This was not a contentious thread. I am flying into Pamplona on 14 October, taxi to St. Jean. On 10 September I submitted the online form. (My wife is French and helped me). As of today no response. Yes, I submitted a question via the online form but no response. I hope at least one restaurant and the Albergue don’t ask for my certificate that I have not received. Yes, I have had both shots.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For some reason the thread regarding the French Health certificate was closed. Why? There are still issues the moderator(s) apparently do not understand. This was not a contentious thread.
Don't assume anything nefarious. I see a closed thread here in which the last entry was on August 27, 2021. Since the situation and the documentation requirements and processes are so dynamic, sometimes moderators close threads because the earlier posts may be out-of-date and therefore misleading.

For Covid requirements, it is better to post a new enquiry after the thread has been dormant for 6 weeks, as you have done. Hopefully you will get some up-to-date information.

That was the second thread closed on the topic. As a )donating) member from 2014, I see threads dating from years ago that are still relevant that are open. This thread is relevant, at least in my opinion.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That was the second thread closed on the topic. As a )donating) member from 2014, I see threads dating from years ago that are still relevant that are open. This thread is relevant, at least in my opinion.
We have had so many threads asking questions about travel requirements, that we have locked some when the information becomes outdated and there is a high potential for confusion. However, those threads are still available to read.

I believe you are asking about why you haven't received the French Health Certificate, and you are hoping that you will not be asked to show it in St. Jean. Is that correct? Perhaps someone can answer your question here.

I was in France at the end of September, 2021. My online Pass Sanitaire request took a month to be filled, arriving AFTER I had completed my initial stay in France. While in Biarritz/St Jean de Luz area, my US CDC vaccination card was accepted by every hotel/bar/restaurant except one. It was stressful every time we were asked since we were unsure if it would work, but literally not an issue 95% of the time.

I was in France at the end of September, 2021. My online Pass Sanitaire request took a month to be filled, arriving AFTER I had completed my initial stay in France. While in Biarritz/St Jean de Luz area, my US CDC vaccination card was accepted by every hotel/bar/restaurant except one. It was stressful every time we were asked since we were unsure if it would work, but literally not an issue 95% of the time.
Thank you. Hopefully my host at Sj Jean and Orisson will not ask.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't know about the thread but I applied for the certificate a month ago and never received a confirmation. I am still several months away from traveling and hoping somewhere between now and then the rules change. I will definitely be applying again if they don't. My friends in Biarritz tell me there is no indoor or outdoor dining allowed without it.

On 10 September I submitted the online form. (My wife is French and helped me). As of today no response. Yes, I submitted a question via the online form but no response.
For what it's worth, they now have a statistics page, click here. It says that it currently takes on average 25 days before you receive the Pass Sanitaire QR code when you are a vaccinated non-EU/non-UK traveller to France and have applied for a conversion of your vaccination certificate. "90% of the applications received during the last 30 days were processed in less than 25 days."

On their FAQ webpage, they recommend to regularly check the junk folder in your mailbox as their reply may end up there.

Also, when you used https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/dossiers for your application (and not the email process as announced in the initial phase and before they switched the application process to their Démarches Simplifiées website) you have an account and can log into it. What do you see as information there about the current status of your application? I am a curious person so I had opened an account and I created two files with different file numbers but the status is still brouillon (draft) and I of course never submitted a request, and therefore I don't know what other types of status there are, presumably something like en cours and terminé. The system also allows you to check the information you had entered initially.

Last edited:
I received confirmation that they had received it, with a link to check the status, along with a link to ask a question. There are three steps: In Progress; In Review; Completed. Mine is still "In Progress." And yes, they say typically the requests are processed in 25 days. We are a few days beyond that. Hopefully my CDC cshot card and the QR code I received from the hospital as proof of vaccination will keep me from having to sleep on the street and used vending machines for food.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
For what it's worth, they now have a statistics page, click here. It says that it currently takes on average 25 days before you receive the Pass Sanitaire QR code when you are a vaccinated non-EU/non-UK traveller to France and have applied for a conversion of your vaccination certificate. "90% of the applications received during the last 30 days were processed in less than 25 days."

On their FAQ webpage, they recommend to regularly check the junk folder in your mailbox as their reply may end up there.

Also, when you used https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/dossiers for your application (and not the email process as announced in the initial phase and before they switched the application process to their Démarches Simplifiées website) you have an account and can log into it. What do you see as information there about the current status of your application? I am a curious person so I had opened an account and I created two files with different file numbers but the status is still brouillon (draft) and I of course never submitted a request, and therefore I don't know what other types of status there are, presumably something like en cours and terminé. The system also allows you to check the information you had entered initially.
Thanks so much for the link. I learned I am in the same boat as Buz.

We finally got our French QR code after we were in Europe for three weeks. We had applied six weeks before leaving. We showed our Canadian vaccine certificates at our hotels and restaurants and no questions were asked. Just eye-rolling. No problems with train or plane.

Don can I use euro cert in restaurants or do I have to apply pass Santaire.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For some reason the thread regarding the French Health certificate was closed. Why? There are still issues the moderator(s) apparently do not understand. This was not a contentious thread. I am flying into Pamplona on 14 October, taxi to St. Jean. On 10 September I submitted the online form. (My wife is French and helped me). As of today no response. Yes, I submitted a question via the online form but no response. I hope at least one restaurant and the Albergue don’t ask for my certificate that I have not received. Yes, I have had both shots.
This is still a problem. You can try to reapply because sometimes it will come through within ten minutes. Mine took over a month and in the meantime I got a negative Covid test to last me 3 days then found a pharmacy in Paris that transferred my vaccination records from Canada into a permanent French QR code. Good luck!

We applied for our passes before we left the US, and were denied. We were told there were too many requests for them to handle. I reapplied in Toulouse (we were walking from Cahors to SJPP) and received mine in about 10 days my husband applied the day I received mine, as he had renewed hope, and received his in about two days.
Our gîte in SJPP asked if we were vaccinated but that’s all. All restaurants seem to want to see them (but in the countryside they were okay with our US vacation cards.

I was awarded the EU DCC after applying for the Pass Sanitaire. If you have the EU cert, you are good.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've just returned from France. I sent in my electronic application for the Pass Sanitaire on Sept 3. It took 30 days to receive it. Fortunately, a friend had tipped me off to the possibility of getting the pass at a pharmacy. It took me seven tries in various pharmacies around Marseille. The first six had never heard of such a thing. The seventh asked for our CDC cards and promptly issued the Pass to me, my husband and my son. No charge (though some do charge). My French friend says there is no logical explanation for why only some pharmacists seem to know how to fill out the paperwork. For us, it was wonderful, because many places requested it.

Don can I use euro cert in restaurants or do I have to apply pass Santaire.
I wish I could answer your question. I haven't been back since 2019. I am getting my information from French citizens, who say they need the passe sanitaire to go to cafes and restaurants.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As to pharmacies, the two in Toulouse where we asked said that we would not be able to get our CDC cards transformed into Pass Sanitaire at a pharmacy, rather we must go to the US consulate. They gave us the address and we walked there, unfortunately it was closed definitively with a note on the door saying to address our needs to Bordeaux or Marseille consulate…

I received confirmation that they had received it, with a link to check the status, along with a link to ask a question. There are three steps: In Progress; In Review; Completed. Mine is still "In Progress." And yes, they say typically the requests are processed in 25 days. We are a few days beyond that. Hopefully my CDC cshot card and the QR code I received from the hospital as proof of vaccination will keep me from having to sleep on the street and used vending machines for food.
plus ca change, plus c’est la meme

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back