• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No Room at the Inn 2022 (San Martin Pinario)

Bob Howard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2016 2018 2022
I stole the title of this thread from a 2014 post by longtime Pilgrim and Forum member David.

After numerous emails to Hospederia San Martin Pinario, I have found no availability this summer. Their website says "No availability from May 6 to December 31". And not just the pilgrim rooms, but rather all rooms.

I wonder if the Camino tour operators book large room blocks way in advance.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stole the title of this thread from a 2014 post by longtime Pilgrim and Forum member David.

After numerous emails to Hospederia San Martin Pinario, I have found no availability this summer. Their website says "No availability from May 6 to December 31". And not just the pilgrim rooms, but rather all rooms.

Bob Howard,
Ignore any web site. But for pilgrim rooms for a specific date try this dedicated email address. Citing the date you want. Singles are 25€ and twins 40€.

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas
Hospedería San Martín Pinario

Seminario Mayor
Plaza de la Inmaculada, nº 3. C.P. 15704
Santiago de Compostela.
Teléfono: +34981560282
E-mail: reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks so much for that contact information, @mspath. I had been looking forward to staying at Hospederia San Martin Pinario ever since I started planning my Camino and have been frustrated that their website shows no booking available for most of this year. I just sent an email to the address you provided and hope I will hear back soon - will report back here with any updates.

Bob Howard,
Ignore any web site. But for pilgrim rooms for a specific date try this dedicated email address. Citing the date you want. Singles are 25€ and twins 40€.

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas

Seminario Mayor
Santiago de Compostela.
I've tried that email numerous times. The response:

We
are full
regards

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas

Seminario Mayor
Santiago de Compostela.
Outlook-0yhgzwej.png

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well that was fast! I just received a reply stating that the dates I was hoping to book in June are available, and to send my credit card and phone numbers to secure them. It does sound like it depends on the dates one is looking for. Very happy and grateful that mine were available!
I had the same issue last week and was very pleased when they emailed me back confirming my June days as well. Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've tried that email numerous times. The response:

We
are full
regards

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas

Seminario Mayor
Santiago de Compostela.
View attachment 118428
Thank you that information. I was able to contact San Martin Pinario by email and got a booking for two nights end of June in pilgrim room.

Bob Howard,

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas

Seminario Mayor
Santiago de Compostela.
I just booked a room for April 28. Thanks so much for the email tip

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Bob, the advice to ignore the Websidte is very sound. A direct email or telephone call is generally productive. Occasionally, particularly in Holy Years, they do get fully booked at busy times. At other times, a pilgrim seminar or some such event sometimes fllls the pilgrim rooms to capacity. But do email or telephone. Fingers crossed. Tom

Well that was fast! I just received a reply stating that the dates I was hoping to book in June are available, and to send my credit card and phone numbers to secure them. It does sound like it depends on the dates one is looking for. Very happy and grateful that mine were available!
Well, in light of the perservance indicated here and other threads, I kept at it. I arrive in the first two weeks of September, so I have some flexibility. I kept trying dates, and finally got a reservation for 9/9 and 9/10, and in a triple room which is what I wanted. As someone observed, it appears it's just a matter of the date(s) you're requesting rather than a full blackout as appears on their website. I'm sure I drove them crazy in the last few days. But there were always prompt replies. Not sure if it made any difference, but my email requests were in Spanish. So, thanks, you knowledgeable veterans.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, in light of the perservance indicated here and other threads, I kept at it. I arrive in the first two weeks of September, so I have some flexibility. I kept trying dates, and finally got a reservation for 9/9 and 9/10, and in a triple room which is what I wanted. As someone observed, it appears it's just a matter of the date(s) you're requesting rather than a full blackout as appears on their website. I'm sure I drove them crazy in the last few days. But there were always prompt replies. Not sure if it made any difference, but my email requests were in Spanish. So, thanks, you knowledgeable veterans.
I didn't know that they had triple pilgrim rooms.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Bob for mentioning this, I have been up to ears yesterday and today trying to get bookings on the Camino ingles. I was not worrying about San Martin as I have always got booking there.
Thank you Margaret for giving us the details for San Martin. I emailed immediately and got booking for two of the nights I wanted in May. I will have to find somewhere else for the 24th as I booked my flight as of yesterday. Flights tend to go by €10 or €20 while you are having a cup of tea and making up your mind.
With my age being 78 which I tend to regard as ' an underlying condition' I am booking private rooms, and being slow to walk I found it very difficult to get bookings in some rural areas. Except for one night I am booked now. Walking will be easy compared with this weekend!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bob Howard,

Francisco J. Chaves
Dpto. Reservas

Seminario Mayor
Santiago de Compostela.
Thank you for the tip about reserving a room at the Hospedería San Martín Pinario. I emailed the contact and within 24 hours I received a reply and was successful in reserving a single room in the renovated section for June 4 and the cost for a single room with buffet breakfast is 55€. I have been to Santiago a few times after my previous Caminos and this is the first time that I will be staying in this historic hotel. I swing between a little anxiety and lots of excitement as this time I will be walking the Via de la Plata/Camino Sanabrés starting on April 18 from Sevilla.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

As I live here in Santiago and help pilgrims. I’ve been warning about this for many weeks. 2022 will be a super year.

Thank you for this wonderful tip! I was able to manage to book a single pilgrim room for my trip.
Buen camino a tod@s :)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.