• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No room on May 28, 2019

dfox

Time of past OR future Camino
There is no room available in both Minor Seminary Hostel and Hospedería San Martín Pinario for May 28, 2019! (Tried to book the room through booking.com and also direct with the hostels.)

#1 - Is there special event in SDC on that day or in the week?
#2 - I am looking for private double-room in SDC. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Buen Camino

DF

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A lot of places do not allow you to book with more than 6 months in advance, so maybe there will be places in the future.
I don´t know how much is your budget, but I love Pousada San Clemente, a block behind the cathedral. It is more expensive than the hostels, but not as much as the hotels, and the place is a gem :)

Just a quick question: are you solely visiting Santiago, or walking there? Because if you are walking, maybe leave to book when you are approaching the city - lots of things may happens in the meantime :)

There is no room available in both Minor Seminary Hostel and Hospedería San Martín Pinario for May 28, 2019! (Tried to book the room through booking.com and also direct with the hostels.)

#2 - I am looking for private double-room in SDC. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Buen Camino

DF

As others have posted, it's most likely that you are just too early. Many hotels don't make their rooms available for reservations more than a few months in advance (sometimes not even until you are within the same year, ie next January) - especially if you are trying to book through a site such as Booking.com. You could try contacting the hotels direct by email and asking to book that way - I have sometimes found this to work if I've needed to book a long way in advance for some reason. Otherwise you may just need to wait a while.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
However, I was able to book a room on May 26 and 27, but not May 28. The rooms were booked online with San Martin.

I am wondering if the rooms were reserved for "retreats" or "group pilgrims?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I usually stay at San Martin Pinario in the pilgrim's rooms on the top floor. They have single and double rooms. You can't book these rooms through booking.com or through San Martin's online reservation system. Send a direct email to reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu specifying that you would like to book a pilgrim room. They always reply promptly to my request. Hope it works out and they have space!

However, I was able to book a room on May 26 and 27, but not May 28. The rooms were booked online with San Martin.

I am wondering if the rooms were reserved for "retreats" or "group pilgrims?
That happens, and it would not surprise me that it has happened in May, a busy month. My honest opinion is that it is not the best choice in Santiago for a "hotel." For a pilgrim room (a reservation can only be made by phone), it is a bargain for its location and breakfast. For a hotel, it is expensive for what you get -- an upgrade from a monk's room to a monk's room with a shower with a glass door. There are dozens of other hoteles that are better deals for quality. That is just my opinion; I could be wrong!!:)

Buen Camino

DF

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
[/QUOTE]Pousada San Clemente

Just a quick question: are you solely visiting Santiago, or walking there? :)[/QUOTE]

Booking.com "said" May 28, 2019 was sold out for Pousada San Clemente !?

At the moment, we are a group of 6 walking from Porto to SDC. We would like to be able to relax after a 20+ km and sleep quietly at night :)

By the way, Pousada San Clemente would be C$124 for a double-room. The prices for San Martin for May 26, 2019 was 55 euro and May 27, 2019 was 69 euro.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Not always the case for a single on the pilgrims floor. While walking I called a few days beforehand and they had an available room and this was last month.

One can cancel their booking one day before their booked date without penalty!

I stayed at the University (PR Hospederia Via Lucis) last year October. It was 24 euro with my own bathroom and a single bed. There was hardly anyone there. It's a hop, skip and a jump through the university grounds, through a park (I can't recall the name, but the garden is beautiful and there are lots of locals walking through as well) and then you hit the old town with the cathedral. It's also an easy walk to the train station.

For what this is worth to you: we stayed in another albergue (The Last Stamp) but had breakfast in the Seminario. No problems with access, just paid our €5.00. The albergue had a great kitchen and we cooked in the evenings, inviting the other pilgrims we had walked with to eat with us.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back