• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No Trains From Bayonne To St Jean 28th April

kayagee66

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2016)
Le Puy - Roncesvalles (2016)
Figeac - Cahors (2017)
Stevenson Trail (2018
Hi. No trains from Bayonne to St Jean PdP tomorrow 28th April.
There is a replacement bus service from just outside the train station. To the left as you exit the train station. The lady at the station told me there are only 2 replacement buses. 1 at 7:45am, and one just after 18:00pm. You can buy a ticket from the office at the station. There maybe regular buses running to St Jean from Bayonne, but I don't know about that.
I hope this helps

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Knowing the reduced number of trips is very helpful. A bus has been regularly substituted for the train for over a year. I do not think there is any additional bus service from Bayonne to SJPdP; only the "train" service.

There is a replacement bus service from just outside the train station. To the left as you exit the train station. The lady at the station told me there are only 2 replacement buses. 1 at 7:45am, and one just after 18:00pm. You can buy a ticket from the office at the station. There maybe regular buses running to St Jean from Bayonne, but I don't know about that.
I hope this helps

Knowing the reduced number of trips is very helpful. A bus has been regularly substituted for the train for over a year. I do not think there is any additional bus service from Bayonne to SJPdP; only the "train" service.

The curtailment of French trains is due to a strike of the SNCF workers which will begin 27/04 at 19:00 and continue until 29/04 07:00. See more here

Since January 2016 the lines had been fixed and the TER line 62 train had been running normally to SJPdP without the use of any supplimentary buses.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The curtailment of French trains is due to a strike of the SNCF workers which will begin 27/04 at 19:00 and continue until 29/04 07:00. See more here

Since January 2016 the lines had been fixed and the TER line 62 train had been running normally to SJPdP without the use of any supplimentary buses.

Up the workers.

I hope this helps

Thank you so much kayagee66 for that very timely information!! I printed out a pre-paid e-ticket at Bayonne station today for the 11:10 train tomorrow! If not for your post I would have turned up none the wiser and had to wait for the 18:00 bus!!
Not only have you saved me a slightly frustrating day but I've passed the info onto another peregrino who also thought the 11:10 would be replaced by a bus if it wasn't running!!
Hope to see you bright and early on the bus - I think it may be crowded

Transports64 operates regular bus service #811 from Gare Bayonne to St Palais and #810 from St Palais to SJPdP. The schedule is quite limited.

http://www.transports64.fr/transports-64?lang=fr

Schedules
http://www.transports64.fr/Horaires-194?lang=fr

The other option is take #816 to Hendaye ... then take Donostialdea Metro to San Sebastian ... take ALSA bus from San Sebastian to St Jean Pied de Port via Pamplona.

PESA and ALSA have regular bus service on limited schedule from Bayonne to San Sebastian.

Note PESA, ALSA, and Transports64 #816 pick up at Biarritz Airport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you so much kayagee66 for that very timely information!! I printed out a pre-paid e-ticket at Bayonne station today for the 11:10 train tomorrow! If not for your post I would have turned up none the wiser and had to wait for the 18:00 bus!!
Not only have you saved me a slightly frustrating day but I've passed the info onto another peregrino who also thought the 11:10 would be replaced by a bus if it wasn't running!!
Hope to see you bright and early on the bus - I think it may be crowded

I was hoping to get the 11.00 too. More time in St. Jean i guess. If you want to say hello, I'll be in a blue jacket with a blue rucksack, looking a bit more tired than I expected.
Kevin.

What would a taxi cost from Bayonne to St Jean? If a few travelled together and shared the cost it may work out cheap enough.

What would a taxi cost from Bayonne to St Jean? If a few travelled together and shared the cost it may work out cheap enough.
About 100 euros for a taxi and there's also a twice daily bus service if the trains aren't running (at 07:45 and about 18:00. This info was current on 28th April 2016. Things may change!!
Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back