A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Non snorer seeks roommate

2020 Camino Guides

VeganCamino

Camino(s) past & future
Future Frances from Saint Jean Pied du Port to Burgos, starting in June.
I'm in SJPP. Planning to start the Camino tomorrow or the next day. Seeking non snoring roommate to share lodging costs. Interested? OMG had no idea how bad this would be. I've mostly stayed in non co ed dorms and not too be sexist but fewer woman snore.

Eek! This is awful. If you want to split rooms for any leg of the journey let me know. Gracias. Merci.

VeganCamino

Camino(s) past & future
Future Frances from Saint Jean Pied du Port to Burgos, starting in June.
On the Camino I have shared a room with another woman only twice. Each time the woman was very nice but a horrible snorer! You have my profound empathy!
Thank you. Five hours of this so far. I have ear plugs. A mask. S headband. Ear phones playing white noise and a towel D blanket wrapped around my head. Agh!

RumAndChupacabras

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Jul-Sept 2019: Six weeks in Northern Spain.
Apr 2018 Asturias
May 2016 CP: Portuguese
You can edit the title if you wish to.
THAT did it! BWAAAAHAHAAAA! 🤣
@VeganCamino, please forgive my laughter! WHY is it funny to read about but, not at all funny to experience?! I confound myself! Have you tried full blown wax earplugs? As I understand from other's, they work well.

Margaret Butterworth

Camino(s) past & future
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
The auto-correct function is really funny sometimes. At Perth Airport, on the way to my last Camino, I was reading the blog of someone in Norfolk, UK, where she was having a delicious meal of bloaters. I responded "I have never eaten a bloater", but this came out as "I've never eaten a blister!" I then wrote: "There are no bloaters on the Camino, but there are plenty of blisters". My neighbours in the airport lounge couldn't see why I was laughing so much.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
I use earplugs that you can buy in hardware or lumber stores. Mine cost about 50 cents. Twist them before you put them in. Twist in the opposite direction after they are in and it creates a good seal.
Works great. I can sleep through the loudest snores and I don’t hear a thing. It’s also a lot cheaper than those wax earplugs.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Navarra!
I was hoping for a story about a distraught non-snoring pilgrim selling her snoring partner for immoral purposes . . .
Forgive me, I'm waiting for a repairman to come - he'll be here between 13:00 and 17:00hrs. Yeah, right!

chinacat

Veteran Member
I use earplugs that you can buy in hardware or lumber stores. Mine cost about 50 cents. Twist them before you put them in. Twist in the opposite direction after they are in and it creates a good seal.
Works great. I can sleep through the loudest snores and I don’t hear a thing. It’s also a lot cheaper than those wax earplugs.
Brilliant!!
The ideal place to find proper ‘ear protection’ plugs!
Muchas gracias 😊

Maxy

Maxy
Camino(s) past & future
Norte 2018 cycle
Are you certain that you don't snore? I never really believed that I snored really badly - however, a couple of nights using the App - SnoreLab - both convinced me and made me realise that I am world class at least in this aspect! I use single rooms and when in dorm accom a mouth guard to protect others! Good luck in your quest.

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
I am so disappointed...
now I´ll never find out what the going rate for sold room mates will be!!

Last edited:

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
If story was leaked to several newspapers aorund the world , I am sure it would come back of how snoring roommates was being sold off, like in the fairytale " It is quite True" by Hans Christian Andersen....

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
In my experience, those who complain the loudest about snoring are most often among the loudest snorers themselves.

What about simply accepting that it's as natural after a long hike than needing to get your boots off ?

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
The auto-correct function is really funny sometimes. At Perth Airport, on the way to my last Camino, I was reading the blog of someone in Norfolk, UK, where she was having a delicious meal of bloaters. I responded "I have never eaten a bloater", but this came out as "I've never eaten a blister!" I then wrote: "There are no bloaters on the Camino, but there are plenty of blisters". My neighbours in the airport lounge couldn't see why I was laughing so much.
And here I thought "bloaters" was the typo. Maybe it was and they were both typos!

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I pictured the snoring police entering into the albergue looking for the snorer, as they lined up all pilgrims in front of their beds, the friend sells him out.
Are you sure they aren't the "Thought police"? (Only a few will know what I say.)

Camino Chrissy

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Are you certain that you don't snore? I never really believed that I snored really badly - however, a couple of nights using the App - SnoreLab - both convinced me and made me realise that I am world class at least in this aspect! I use single rooms and when in dorm accom a mouth guard to protect others! Good luck in your quest.
My mom used to nap on the sofa after dinner and snored extremely loud. Us kids watching tv hated it, so we would razz her about it. She denied she snored until I had the idea to tape her, so did the next night on a little cassette player. That embarassed her, but at least she stopped denying it. I was an imp, btw. ☺

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock