• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Non snorer seeks roommate

VeganCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Frances from Saint Jean Pied du Port to Burgos, starting in June.
I'm in SJPP. Planning to start the Camino tomorrow or the next day. Seeking non snoring roommate to share lodging costs. Interested? OMG had no idea how bad this would be. I've mostly stayed in non co ed dorms and not too be sexist but fewer woman snore.

Eek! This is awful. If you want to split rooms for any leg of the journey let me know. Gracias. Merci.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
On the Camino I have shared a room with another woman only twice. Each time the woman was very nice but a horrible snorer! You have my profound empathy!
Thank you. Five hours of this so far. I have ear plugs. A mask. S headband. Ear phones playing white noise and a towel D blanket wrapped around my head. Agh!

You can edit the title if you wish to.
THAT did it! BWAAAAHAHAAAA! 🤣
@VeganCamino, please forgive my laughter! WHY is it funny to read about but, not at all funny to experience?! I confound myself! Have you tried full blown wax earplugs? As I understand from other's, they work well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The auto-correct function is really funny sometimes. At Perth Airport, on the way to my last Camino, I was reading the blog of someone in Norfolk, UK, where she was having a delicious meal of bloaters. I responded "I have never eaten a bloater", but this came out as "I've never eaten a blister!" I then wrote: "There are no bloaters on the Camino, but there are plenty of blisters". My neighbours in the airport lounge couldn't see why I was laughing so much.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I use earplugs that you can buy in hardware or lumber stores. Mine cost about 50 cents. Twist them before you put them in. Twist in the opposite direction after they are in and it creates a good seal.
Works great. I can sleep through the loudest snores and I don’t hear a thing. It’s also a lot cheaper than those wax earplugs.

I was hoping for a story about a distraught non-snoring pilgrim selling her snoring partner for immoral purposes . . .
Forgive me, I'm waiting for a repairman to come - he'll be here between 13:00 and 17:00hrs. Yeah, right!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I use earplugs that you can buy in hardware or lumber stores. Mine cost about 50 cents. Twist them before you put them in. Twist in the opposite direction after they are in and it creates a good seal.
Works great. I can sleep through the loudest snores and I don’t hear a thing. It’s also a lot cheaper than those wax earplugs.

Brilliant!!
The ideal place to find proper ‘ear protection’ plugs!
Muchas gracias 😊

Are you certain that you don't snore? I never really believed that I snored really badly - however, a couple of nights using the App - SnoreLab - both convinced me and made me realise that I am world class at least in this aspect! I use single rooms and when in dorm accom a mouth guard to protect others! Good luck in your quest.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I am so disappointed...
now I´ll never find out what the going rate for sold room mates will be!!

Last edited:
If story was leaked to several newspapers aorund the world , I am sure it would come back of how snoring roommates was being sold off, like in the fairytale " It is quite True" by Hans Christian Andersen....

In my experience, those who complain the loudest about snoring are most often among the loudest snorers themselves.

What about simply accepting that it's as natural after a long hike than needing to get your boots off ?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The auto-correct function is really funny sometimes. At Perth Airport, on the way to my last Camino, I was reading the blog of someone in Norfolk, UK, where she was having a delicious meal of bloaters. I responded "I have never eaten a bloater", but this came out as "I've never eaten a blister!" I then wrote: "There are no bloaters on the Camino, but there are plenty of blisters". My neighbours in the airport lounge couldn't see why I was laughing so much.
And here I thought "bloaters" was the typo. Maybe it was and they were both typos!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Are you certain that you don't snore? I never really believed that I snored really badly - however, a couple of nights using the App - SnoreLab - both convinced me and made me realise that I am world class at least in this aspect! I use single rooms and when in dorm accom a mouth guard to protect others! Good luck in your quest.
My mom used to nap on the sofa after dinner and snored extremely loud. Us kids watching tv hated it, so we would razz her about it. She denied she snored until I had the idea to tape her, so did the next night on a little cassette player. That embarassed her, but at least she stopped denying it. I was an imp, btw. ☺

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back