• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Non-walking day on Camino de Madrid?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hola!

What village/town would you recommend to make a stop for non-walking day? I was thinking to end my stages at: Tres Cantos, Manzanares..., Cercedilla, Segovia, Ane, Coca, Alcazaren, Puente Duero, Penaflor..., Medina de..., Villalon de..., Santervas.... It could be anywhere on the route, even near Sahagun because I don't plan to stop there (I've seen it already :wink: )

Thank you for your help!

Ultreia!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola,
I'm at Camino de Madrid right now and I stayed an extra day in Segovia.
A wonderful town, lots to see, if you are interested in architecture.
I would not recommend recommend anyone to stop in Ane, the albergue is in a terrible state (I went in, very dirty).
I'm right now in Simancas. Having walked Alcazaren-Simancas today. The sandy roads are difficult to walk on. Blisters and little wounds everywhere.
Buen camino
/S

Segovia and Villalon de Campos are two nice places.

Roger

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Valladolid as I'm doing right now.

To echo Susanna, the stretch between Valdesillas and Pue.te Duero 8km is a killer on the feet. Stay on the road.
Cheers.

Thanks for reply to Susanna & Roger!
I envy you guys! :wink:

Another option is to take your rest day in Valladolid. The camino passes very close, and it is certainly worth a visit. You take a short bus from Puente Duero, and either return on the same day, or sleep in Valladolid for a night!

M

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks for putting on the idea about Valladolid. That could be really nice. But somehow I like to stay on the trail for the whole time and maybe after finishing Camino go to bigger cities more like an ordinary tourist :D

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back