• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Norte Compostela last 100 kms

otti

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016
We are currently walking the Norte and are wondering if it is als a requirement to have walked the last 100 kms - as it is on the Frances - to get the Compostela. We intend to walk the whole Norte apart from probably 50 kms towards the end where we need to take a bus.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes the 100km requirement (last 100km to Santiago and 2 stamps per day) applies to all Caminos! Buen Camino, SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks for your replies. Will need to try and restructure. We do not want to stay in albergues and it seems be hard to find other accommodation on some of the stages.

Thanks for your replies. Will need to try and restructure. We do not want to stay in albergues and it seems be hard to find other accommodation on some of the stages.
Plenty of choices in the last 100kms. Private albergues are the best deal, imo. But book ahead for anything fancier. The turigrinos have those places to themselves from what I saw of the buses :)

Plenty of choices in the last 100kms. Private albergues are the best deal, imo. But book ahead for anything fancier. The turigrinos have those places to themselves from what I saw of the buses :)
The OP is talking about the Norte, not the Frances.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There is nothing to stop you taking a taxi to your accommodation and then back next morning. If no sello is available get the taxi driver to sign your credential with the name of the pickup/drop off village just to show you have really walked that final 100kms. There may also be more accommodation than you think. Try booking.com and also 'hotels nearby' on google maps

The OP is talking about the Norte, not the Frances.
Correct. But he is also needing to walk the last 100km into Santiago if he wants a Compostela and doesn't want to stay in albergues. That's the part of his question that I was addressing.

Technically the rule states last 100km which is from Vilalba - You could take the bus from Lourenza - Vilalba which is 44km and then walk from Vilalba to Santiago thus fulfulling the requirement. What towns were you having trouble with accommodation?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is nothing to stop you taking a taxi to your accommodation and then back next morning. If no sello is available get the taxi driver to sign your credential with the name of the pickup/drop off village just to show you have really walked that final 100kms. There may also be more accommodation than you think. Try booking.com and also 'hotels nearby' on google maps
And don't forget about airbnb as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.