Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Norte in March 2022

charlesstones

Past OR future Camino
France 05/2018 & Portugues 09/2018 , France 05/2019
Planning Via del Plata
Just booked my flight to Bilbao, traveling by train to Irun to start the Norte, arrive in Bilbao on the 15th March and starting from Irun on the 16th of March. This will be my fourth Camino 2 x Frances From SJPdP and 1x Portugues from Lisbon. Hopefully lock down has not destroyed my legs too much still time to warm up and get fit. Look forward to meeting all the perigrenos.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

boxbeetle

Past OR future Camino
del Norte
Hi Charlesstones,
I am starting the Norte on March 20. I'm stopping for two days about once a week, and planning to be done by end of April. So I imagine I'll be significantly behind you, but still thought I'd say hi.
Lex

jalluisi

Past OR future Camino
Walked from Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021
When you go next year. Take some pics for us! We just finished the Camino Frances from Leon to Santiago. It was our first Camino. It was awesome. We are thinking of doing the Portuguese Route from Porto next year. Maybe March/April or October.

nordmark

Past OR future Camino
Del norte
Dear Charlesstones, a nice advance notice. You still have plenty of time to look forward to it. It is a beautiful route, I often think back to it. Not always easy but the reward after the effort is great. When you are on the road, you should leave a message on this forum. Buen Camino!

Tandem Graham

Every new day an adventure
Past OR future Camino
Bike: Mont St Michel-SdC. Budapest-Vezelay. Alicante-Burgos
Walk: Le Puy-SJPdP. Dax-(CF)-SdC.
May I ask others who have walked the Norte in early season: how is the accommodation availability in early April? Because I'm tempted, from Bayonne to SdC !
My alternative is Chemin d'Arles/Aragones as far as Puente la Reina.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

charlesstones

Past OR future Camino
Planning Via del Plata
Hi Charlesstones,
I am starting the Norte on March 20. I'm stopping for two days about once a week, and planning to be done by end of April. So I imagine I'll be significantly behind you, but still thought I'd say hi.
Lex
Thank you good luck with yours I will be near Bilbao again when you start your walk, I will try and keep you posted of any issues that come up to give you a heads up on things. Charles

charlesstones

Past OR future Camino
Planning Via del Plata
When you go next year. Take some pics for us! We just finished the Camino Frances from Leon to Santiago. It was our first Camino. It was awesome. We are thinking of doing the Portuguese Route from Porto next year. Maybe March/April or October.
Hi always take lots of pictures, I walked from Lisbon and the Porto stretch is the best, I would recomend doing the coast route out of Porto as the walk through the middle is a little grim, you can return to the middle route later and from then its very good. Good luck. Charles

jalluisi

Past OR future Camino
Walked from Leon to Santiago Oct. 2021
Hi always take lots of pictures, I walked from Lisbon and the Porto stretch is the best, I would recomend doing the coast route out of Porto as the walk through the middle is a little grim, you can return to the middle route later and from then its very good. Good luck. Charles
Thank you!

Lea Page

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018)
Just booked my flight to Bilbao, traveling by train to Irun to start the Norte, arrive in Bilbao on the 15th March and starting from Irun on the 16th of March. This will be my fourth Camino 2 x Frances From SJPdP and 1x Portugues from Lisbon. Hopefully lock down has not destroyed my legs too much still time to warm up and get fit. Look forward to meeting all the perigrenos.
Am looking at starting in Biarritz beginning of April. That gets me home sometime early May, just in time to plant my garden. So a bit behind you. Did the CF in 2019 and had a somewhat comically disastrous attempt on the VF this fall. Undeterred.

charlesstones

Past OR future Camino
Planning Via del Plata
Am looking at starting in Biarritz beginning of April. That gets me home sometime early May, just in time to plant my garden. So a bit behind you. Did the CF in 2019 and had a somewhat comically disastrous attempt on the VF this fall. Undeterred.
Good luck with your start, I hope all goes well I should be half way by the time you get going. I am starting in Irun so you have a few Kilometre further to walk, but its still Basque country where you are starting from with a gentle walk till you hit the hills from Irun on wards.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

nordmark

Past OR future Camino
Del norte
There are some pilgrims who walk the Camino from Bilbao (because of the airport there). And that is really a shame. The distance Irun Bilbao can be walked in one week. You should consider walking this section very carefully because it is a beautiful (perhaps the most beautiful) part of the Camino del Norte.

Lea Page

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018)
Good luck with your start, I hope all goes well I should be half way by the time you get going. I am starting in Irun so you have a few Kilometre further to walk, but its still Basque country where you are starting from with a gentle walk till you hit the hills from Irun on wards.
Thank you--and buen camino to you!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings