• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Norte KML file?

P

pilgr

I am trying to locate a Camino Norte KML file that is under 5MB. The Resources section just has a KMZ file for all Spanish Caminos and is above the 5MB limit for Google Maps.

Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It's a route I took in 2012 too.

Back then I didn't have the kml but I did have Maps.me app (offline maps of Spain). It has kml support. You might want to try this app to see if helps (no limits on kml size). Supports both iOS and Android (for iOS you just mail the kml and open it with Maps.me.

It's a route I took in 2012 too.

Back then I didn't have the kml but I did have Maps.me app (offline maps of Spain). It has kml support. You might want to try this app to see if helps (no limits on kml size). Supports both iOS and Android (for iOS you just mail the kml and open it with Maps.me.

Good to know about Maps.me, that has no file size limit!

Don't quote me on that since there must be a limit somewhere, hehehe.

I did load like 7 camino kmls onto an offline map of Spain and saw 7 lines on the map. At least I know that I can load multiple kmls onto the map app and see/use them all at once.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Not exactly. More like I did both Caminos on a single trip to Spain.

Madrid-Sahagun (Camino Madrid)
bus to Leon, train to Madrid then Granada
Granada-Cordoba (Camino Mozarabe)
actually before Cordoba. I had already cycle Cordoba-Merida last year.
Then I walk backwards towards Malaga (Mozarabe's Malaga fork).
Stopped 2-3 days before Malaga in Antequera and ended Camino there.
Then walked another 16 km to my friend's house for a few days.
Then train back to Madrid for flight home.

Wouldn't be possible (especially the backwards part) if it wasn't for Maps.me and the KML overlay.
Both Madrid and Mozarabe (Granada) kmls were preloaded.

Before Cordoba suddenly thought since I will be visiting friend why not walk there? So downloaded the Mozarabe (Malaga) from my library and you know proceed to walk....

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Ok this may take a while because of my general technological ineptitude. And I am going to have to leave it to you to figure out how to change GPX to KML. But I'll work on it.

If you can post the track via Wikiloc, that site will give me the option for KML. Otherwise, I am no wiz to know how to efficiently convert GPX to KML. That said, if you post a GPX file in some way, I will try to figure out how to convert it. It may be using Google Maps or Maps.me can do the conversion perhaps.

If you can post the track via Wikiloc, that site will give me the option for KML. Otherwise, I am no wiz to know how to efficiently convert GPX to KML. That said, if you post a GPX file in some way, I will try to figure out how to convert it. It may be using Google Maps or Maps.me can do the conversion perhaps.

Hi, pilgr,
I have gone through those coastal alternatives and posted tracks for each stage. You will see them in the separate post for each stage where I put some pictures. I think you should be able to get KML for them, but let me know if there is a problem. Here is the thread where you can find them. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/coastal-alternatives-to-the-nortes-asphalt.49578/

Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Hi! I’m a Camino newbie planning on walking Camino del Norte this May-June. I have previous hiking experience and do well on longer distances and so on, but not any super recent multi day long...
I’m on day 2 of the CDN and I’m just blown away by the views. Day 1 Irun to San Sebastián, day 2 San Sebastián to Askizu Buen Camino

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.