• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Norwegian pilgrim soon on his way for the first time

Frali

Time of past OR future Camino
St. Jean Pied de port, starting at 8th of august 2017
Hello:)

Now it's really getting close for my departure to Paris, and from there by train to St. Jean Pied de Port where I will arrive Monday 7th of august at 19:00.
Then the first task will be to find a place to "sleep", since i have not booked anything in advance. Hope that this is not my first mistake.
I'm nervous and excited at the same time...

I travel alone with an open mind and do not allow myself to have high expectations and wishes, take things as it comes.

I have thought about this trip , and planned, since February 2015 and finally the time has come:)
I have received a lot of information from the web, this page and the guidebook "The Way of St. James"

I'm ready, mentally and physically, as good as possible i hope.. while i'm at the same think that this is probably not possible;-)
The bag is packed several times. Worst now is the waiting time of departure and start... I have promised myself to force my stress level to an minimum. As if i'm very good at it;-)
Looking forward to getting started and find myself and new friends and most important, routine and rhythm for my own and first camino.

Buen Camino from Frank

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Frank,

May I share with you these timeless wishes written by Sir Walter Raleigh in the 16th century in His Pilgrimage

"GIVE me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My scrip of joy, immortal diet,
My bottle of salvation,
My gown of glory, hope's true guage;
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage....
"

May your journey be wonder-filled!
Good luck and Buen camino!

Try to relax, the hard work is done now - the planning, preparing and packing - and all that's left is to get boots on the ground and let your camino happen. I started from St Jean in 2012 and wish I had done two things differently: Relaxed more and worried less. You soon fall into the rhythm. Stop and stare when you can, breathe deeply, take more pictures, follow your own speed and listen to your feet. Buen Camino, Frank, og god tur! Enjoy!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello:)

Now it's really getting close for my departure to Paris, and from there by train to St. Jean Pied de Port where I will arrive Monday 7th of august at 19:00.
Then the first task will be to find a place to "sleep", since i have not booked anything in advance. Hope that this is not my first mistake.
I'm nervous and excited at the same time...

I travel alone with an open mind and do not allow myself to have high expectations and wishes, take things as it comes.

I have thought about this trip , and planned, since February 2015 and finally the time has come:)
I have received a lot of information from the web, this page and the guidebook "The Way of St. James"

I'm ready, mentally and physically, as good as possible i hope.. while i'm at the same think that this is probably not possible;-)
The bag is packed several times. Worst now is the waiting time of departure and start... I have promised myself to force my stress level to an minimum. As if i'm very good at it;-)
Looking forward to getting started and find myself and new friends and most important, routine and rhythm for my own and first camino.

Buen Camino from Frank
God tur!

Couldnt agree more with all those words of wisdom .
On my camino i was dashing along when i passed a pilgrim sat ,simply looking and taking it all in and i realised i was simply making miles if there is one thing i regret is the time ive simply made miles .
Enjoy buen camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My husband and I are starting to walk in Pamplona on Aug 8. You may catch up to us along the way. We feel exactly as you do. To our first friend: buen camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good luck Frank and enjoy the anticipation of your journey. it's a wonderful feeling to be alone away from our busy lives and yet never alone when you meet new friends on your journey.

Hei Frank!
Ingenting å uroe seg for, bare å begynne å gå, overnatting og alt det andre er helt uproblematisk. Jeg reiser nedover i dag...
Buen Camino

Ultreya! And may your Way be filled with good things.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back